User Tag List

First 56789 Last

Results 61 to 70 of 96

  1. #61
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Depends on the RPG I suppose.

    I'm a huge fan of Arcanum so I based it on that. But Machinist works too!

  2. #62
    Senior Member cogdecree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    165
    Posts
    248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Depends on the RPG I suppose.

    I'm a huge fan of Arcanum so I based it on that. But Machinist works too!
    Neverwinter Nights was my pick when I had free time, highschool days come back!!

    (though machinist wasn't a class in there, I just thought it sounded more unique).

  3. #63
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    ISTJ - Assassin/Rogue
    INTJ - Warlock

    Traditional


    Barbarian - XSTP
    Bard - XSFP
    Fighter - EXTJ
    Healer - XSFJ
    Rogue - ISTX
    Scout - ENXJ
    Sorcerer - XNFP
    Wizard - INXJ
    Tinker - XNTP


    WoW


    Death Knight - TJ
    Druid - SP
    Hunter - IS
    Mage - NF
    Paladin - EJ
    Priest - IF
    Rogue - ST
    Shaman - NP
    Warlock - NT
    Warrior - ET

    Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    ESFJ - paladin, with all that comes with it
    Agreed

  4. #64
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    Holy crap! I can only function as a Paladin in WoW, I guess I'm ENFJ. D:
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  5. #65
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I'm not much for casters so that usually influences me in games.


    WoW I used to be hunter, eventually went shaman, though enhancement for a long time. Until I went elemental for multibloxing but other then that always prefered non caster based classes.

    Same for any other game, if there's a non caster class, that's what I'll be.

  6. #66
    Member SpaghettiMonster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Posts
    32

    Default

    I'm a recovering MMORPG addict. I shoudn't be here...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf
    Same for any other game, if there's a non caster class, that's what I'll be.
    +1

    Tried WoW for three days and I chose Warlock to be "different". I could've played Solitaire and achieved the same level of excitement.

    Bo-ring.

    I prefer long range fighters and pure healers. Hunters because of the intricate strategies involved when soloing (those squishy little things!) and healers because they're typically the hardest class to play.

    How NT of me. :rolli:
    "Always be yourself - unless you suck."

  7. #67
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Holy crap! I can only function as a Paladin in WoW, I guess I'm ENFJ. D:
    I think that makes you a noob, not an ENFJ.

    Actually my INFP friend only uses a Paladin right now. That's his first pick.

  8. #68
    Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    8,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    I think that makes you a noob, not an ENFJ.

    Actually my INFP friend only uses a Paladin right now. That's his first pick.
    What makes you say NF for mages?

    *Insert outrage here, because I play a mage.*



  9. #69
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    What makes you say NF for mages?

    *Insert outrage here, because I play a mage.*
    It's because you don't follow the rules!

    It's okay. Everyone does it.

  10. #70
    Senior Member FallaciaSonata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj
    Posts
    159

    Default

    So....I used to play Guild Wars all the time. I logged about 3,200 hours or so over 3 years. Anyone ever played that?

    My favored classes both agree with and contradict what has been stated here. My favorite classes were the Mesmer, Warrior, and Assassin. Go figure, (Mage, Warrior, and Rogue, all in one.)

    I suppose I should be specific. I liked using the Mesmer because you could set up to totally shut down one specific opposing build, or another opposing class. (You'd have to generalize then, and assume what they would do, but it worked most of the time.) This made me invaluable in dispensing bosses. (because I could cripple them beyond belief and deal armor-ignoring damage by exploiting weaknesses and interrupting spells.)

    People usually hated me in PvP as well, because I would set up as anti-Caster or anti-Melee. I've had a few people cuss me out because of it. All in good fun, though, eh?

    I liked the Warrior for three reasons... For one, he was the money-maker. I could farm with him, do runs, etc, to get gold. For two, I enjoyed being able to help people out as a Warrior, by providing tank skills (protecting weaker classes) and doing "hench-runs", where I'd take someone though an area without taxing them too much in terms of time, skills, energy, or cooperation. Thirdly, the Warriors had really sweet-looking swords. And I'm vain like that.

    The Assassin I liked for almost the same reason I liked the Mesmer -- you could set up to do a quick-kill on whatever target you wanted. Grab some armor ignoring stuff, or some status effects, stack degeneration, and stab away. I would typically warp in, daze, knock down, inflict poison, deal damage, hit with signet, warp away, run to safety.

    I also strongly preferred playing in PvE with AI-controlled allies known as Heroes (or Henchmen). I found most people to be either irritating, or hindering. My AI-controlled buddies would *always* listen to me. = )

    Control freak, much?


    So, perhaps type isn't so much related to the class itself, but how the class is played. I know many people who used the classes I used for different reasons. (Yes, all you loser Assassins that think you're a tank, this means you.)

    Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] If types were foods...
    By alakazam in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-21-2013, 10:34 AM
  2. If Enneatypes were RPG classes
    By Elfboy in forum Enneagram
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:11 PM
  3. If Enneatypes were RPG classes
    By Elfboy in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 02:19 AM
  4. If types were foods for all, not just NTs!
    By luminous beam in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 04:27 PM
  5. If types were boots, shoes, whatever footwear...
    By Phantonym in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 01-23-2010, 05:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO