LII
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    EDIT: Also, I don't usually play any religious-oriented healers...I like the more hippy bard or druid roles. I LOVED playing a bard in LOTRO. I would go around and randomly 'play' my instruments for people using the keyboard (I play piano in RL, so I mapped out the keyboard similarly).
    I loved that part. I remapped my keyboard, too, and carried a lute all the time. But since I'm awful at composing music, I abused the ABC system. I had a mean version of the Tom Bombadil song and "Here Comes the Sun".

I've never played healer for very long. The idea doesn't appeal to me. I don't want to be in the service of a group of people nor be in that position of power. The healer always has the most power in the RPG group hierarchy followed closely by the tank. If one wanted to, as a healer, they could make the entire group's life a living hell for the duration of the quest. They can choose to let someone live or die. They, for a large part, set the speed of the encounter (as do damage dealers to some extent).

And I never was one for that kind of power. Give me something fun and fast and independent so stuff falls down quickly so I can pretend it's me in there, running so fast and agile, flipping off of stuff and being clever.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeCakes View Post
    ENTP: Rogue
    Ironically Rogue is probably the class I've played the least. I love melee types and casters are a close second. Rogue types just don't appeal to me much.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Classes that appeal to me and why - listed in the order I usually play them.

Mage/wizard (non-specialized). - Versatility (Ne)

Druid - Good RP match to me, being useful is nice too. (Fi)

Thief - Fun to play, I like the trickery/scheming and problem solving aspects. (Tx)

Other thoughts/theories on this...

I see priest/cleric as being more likely to be IxFJs than IxFP, although any Fs could be drawn to them for the helping others aspect. A priest dedicated to healing the sick/wounded would seem an ideal fit to ISFJ to me, and priest more focused on the spiritual side would be more likely to be INFJ.

I see druid as being a good match for IxFPs. INFPs I think would find the spiritual and philosophical side more interesting, and I think the ISFPs would find appeal in both the nature aspect and the helpfullness aspect.

Now for some less thoughtout guessing

Schools of Wizardry
    Abjuration - ????
    Conjuration - xxTJ
    Divination - INxx
    Enchantment - xNTP
    Evocation - ExxP
    Illusion - xNxP
    Necromancy - xxTJ
    Transmutation - xxxx (any)

Well, when I played Everquest (I) back in the day, my main char. was an Enchanter. (Highly group dependent --not a glamorous role, but highly sought after as it was a purely group benefit player, difficult, and rare at higher levels.)

When I played World of Warcraft, I was a female dwarven Holy Priest... (repeat similar attributes) and levelled that way.

Both were invaluable to group dynamics and that was how I liked it. I was not in it for the glory or the "pwnage" factor.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TenebrousReflection View Post
    Schools of Wizardry
    Abjuration - ????
    Conjuration - xxTJ
    Divination - INxx
    Enchantment - xNTP
    Evocation - ExxP
    Illusion - xNxP
    Necromancy - xxTJ
    Transmutation - xxxx (any)
    Here are my guesses for types like to be drawn to the wizardry schools:

Abjuration - xSxJ - all about keeping things safe, which is an SJ thing
    Conjuration - xxFP - creating something out of nothing
    Divination - IxxJ - appeals to introverted perceiving types
    Enchantment - xxFJ - controlling others via force of personality
    Evocation - ExTx, IXTP - Unsubtly blowing the crap out of enemies
    Illusion - INxJ, ESXP = playing with other's perceptions
    Necromancy - xxTJ - controlling undead through strengthof will
    Transmutation -xNxP - changing an object into something more desirable
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Well, when I played Everquest (I) back in the day, my main char. was an Enchanter. (Highly group dependent --not a glamorous role, but highly sought after as it was a purely group benefit player, difficult, and rare at higher levels.)

When I played World of Warcraft, I was a female dwarven Holy Priest... (repeat similar attributes) and levelled that way.

Both were invaluable to group dynamics and that was how I liked it. I was not in it for the glory or the "pwnage" factor.
    Wow.

Another Everquest vet here - Yes!

Former level 43 Wood Elf Bard "Jack-of-all-trades; Master of none" here.

An Eq-classic server is in the works. It's a free server dedicated to removing post Shadows of Luclin content/features to it and bringing it back to "classic" Original, Kunark and Velious Everquest in all its glory. If I recall, expansions will be released every six months.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Wow.

Another Everquest vet here - Yes!

Former level 43 Wood Elf Bard "Jack-of-all-trades; Master of none" here.

An Eq-classic server is in the works. It's a free server dedicated to removing post Shadows of Luclin content/features to it and bringing it back to "classic" Original, Kunark and Velious Everquest in all its glory. If I recall, expansions will be released every six months.
    Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooes. The INFP boyfriend (who still plays) will have more ammo to suck me back into the MMORPG vortex.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! But seriously, everything post-SoL was excessive silliness.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Oh noooooooooooooooooooooooes. The INFP boyfriend (who still plays) will have more ammo to suck me back into the MMORPG vortex.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! But seriously, everything post-SoL was excessive silliness.
    Mwahahahahaha!

So which class do you plan on playing?
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Here are my guesses for types like to be drawn to the wizardry schools:

Abjuration - xSxJ - all about keeping things safe, which is an SJ thing
    Conjuration - xxFP - creating something out of nothing
    Divination - IxxJ - appeals to introverted perceiving types
    Enchantment - xxFJ - controlling others via force of personality
    Evocation - ExTx, IXTP - Unsubtly blowing the crap out of enemies
    Illusion - INxJ, ESXP = playing with other's perceptions
    Necromancy - xxTJ - controlling undead through strengthof will
    Transmutation -xNxP - changing an object into something more desirable
    For Conjuration I was thinking more of summoning minions from the planes etc and having them do ones bidding, but your way of looking at it is probably truer to PNP.

Since others have brought up Everquest 1, how would you see Enchanters in EQ1 and EQ2 as far as what types would be drawn to them and what types would have a natural talent for them?

I played EQ1 for many years and had an enchanter alt and enjoyed the character, but it took every ounce of my concentration to play with even average ability, but I did have the privilage of grouping and raidign with some exceptionaly talendted enchanters and there was a world of difference between them and the average players in both how easily it seemed to come to them and what they could do for a group/raid. As a comparison, I found playing a Shaman (my main in EQ1 for several years) close to efortless in groups (with soloing I could challenge myself a bit more ) and even got frequent compliments about my skill in keeping groups alive and buffed and thought it strange to get so many compliments for a class that did not seem nearly as chalenging to play well as a good enchanter (my theory here is that introverts make better healers because they are healing when they should be instead of chatting or trying to get in the middle of the action with their mace/staff etc ). Thinking about that puts a twist on the question of type and class when it regards MMOGS, since sometimes the type that a class appeals to is not really a great fit because the skills needed better match another type.