User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Yeah, but warriors need to chillax
    I'm chill
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There is no correlation between type and what character class someone prefers. I personally love Paladins, and I play nothing else. My INFJ friend is always the wizard, and I know an INTP who is always the Priest/Cleric. However since we are posting in a thread about stereotyping I will give it a shot:

Healer- Anyone. Reason- Healing appeals to Te users very much so. It requires active problem solving and is byfar the hardest role to play when playing a fantasy video game. They enjoy the challenge. NFs also like to be loved by people, and like to see their efforts go appreciated, so naturally they will be drawn to a healer. NTs also enjoy healing because it stretches your mental limits into how well you keep your party alive in tough encounters. SPs would love healing (stereotypically) because it's very easy to find a group of people to play with as a healer and the SPs I know like to play the game in all it's aspects, healing being one. Pretty much any feeler would also enjoy how much other people enjoyed and appreciated their presence in the party.

Tank- Anyone. Tanks require a lot of active problem solving (Te), you are also the life of the party, you make or break whether the party continues (Fe), you may enjoy helping your friends and others by being the tank (NF), you may just in general like how the tank plays and the experience it gives you (SP).

Damage class- Anyone. You may get satisfaction out of efficiently and swiftly killing things in certain styles (anyone), you may like seeing the large numbers pop up and realize that without you the party wouldn't be progressing as quickly (SP), you may like an intricate damage rotation and you may like the fact that lacking healing adds a certain depth of strategy to the game (NT/NF).
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    There is no correlation between type and what character class someone prefers. I personally love Paladins, and I play nothing else. My INFJ friend is always the wizard, and I know an INTP who is always the Priest/Cleric. However since we are posting in a thread about stereotyping I will give it a shot:

Healer- Anyone. Reason- Healing appeals to Te users very much so. It requires active problem solving and is byfar the hardest role to play when playing a fantasy video game. They enjoy the challenge. NFs also like to be loved by people, and like to see their efforts go appreciated, so naturally they will be drawn to a healer. NTs also enjoy healing because it stretches your mental limits into how well you keep your party alive in tough encounters. SPs would love healing (stereotypically) because it's very easy to find a group of people to play with as a healer and the SPs I know like to play the game in all it's aspects, healing being one. Pretty much any feeler would also enjoy how much other people enjoyed and appreciated their presence in the party.

Tank- Anyone. Tanks require a lot of active problem solving (Te), you are also the life of the party, you make or break whether the party continues (Fe), you may enjoy helping your friends and others by being the tank (NF), you may just in general like how the tank plays and the experience it gives you (SP).

Damage class- Anyone. You may get satisfaction out of efficiently and swiftly killing things in certain styles (anyone), you may like seeing the large numbers pop up and realize that without you the party wouldn't be progressing as quickly (SP), you may like an intricate damage rotation and you may like the fact that lacking healing adds a certain depth of strategy to the game (NT/NF).

This makes more sense to me. I agree- it's not your type, as types are a crude and general definition of how your mind works. It's all preference, though..I would choose warrior.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Tanks are always great in rpgs. They bear the attitude, of exactly doing what they are told too .

We were in a dungeon and our priest was lieing out the tactics. The tank was standing like a machine in front line awaiting instructions. Then the priest lied out, what he is gonna say when the tank needs to attack, by that time our poor tank must have been totally overstrained with the whole situation.

Yeah well, the priest was still talking and the tank already had gone fighting, because he thought the priest said to attack, it was marvellous .

I managed to take down 5 mobs with him until we went down, because the priest refused to heal because he was offended
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I hate idiots like that entropie. Even if I get offended in a group when I heal on my Paladin (mostly I do damage though) I will continue healing, because the only thing my being stubborn will do is make me be in that group of idiots longer.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

^^ yeah I believe so. This was only a very very special priest and an exception .

The tank tho was very special too, normally I am the one to pull because I can use that stun thing and take one mob out of the equation but that didnt work at all
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

INTP: Beggar
    INFJ: Priest
    INFP: Minstrel
    ENTP: Acrobat
    ENTJ: Necromancer
    ISTJ: Scribe
    ESTJ: Interrogator

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

but but....i wanna be a sorceresssss

no cleric please.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Any type can be any role-playing class but their motivations will be different.

However, the four temperaments have a natural affinity for one of the 4 general D&D classes as follows:

SJ: Fighters (they usually guard the weaker members of the party)
    SP: Rogue (they rely on agility, reflexes or charisma)
    NT: Wizard (magic requires a keen intellect to study and use effectively)
    NF: Priest (kind of obvious: faith is their most important attribute)
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

beyondaurora

NFs also like to be loved by people, and like to see their efforts go appreciated, so naturally they will be drawn to a healer.
    SPs would love healing (stereotypically) because it's very easy to find a group of people to play with as a healer and the SPs I know like to play the game in all it's aspects, healing being one. Pretty much any feeler would also enjoy how much other people enjoyed and appreciated their presence in the party.

I ALWAYS play a healer (online RPG or D&D) for a combination of the reasons you provided. Mainly, I have this love-hate relationship with having all the pressure of 'saving' everyone. It does feel good to be needed (although I also feel taken for granted). I also like the SP aspect you noted, in which I can just jump in and heal! (I enjoy the active monitoring of the health of multiple people -- although it stresses me out too!).

To top it off, if I can multi-class, I will take a few levels in fighter so that I can deliver the final coup de grace when the fighters are down and 'save the party'.

EDIT: Also, I don't usually play any religious-oriented healers...I like the more hippy bard or druid roles. I LOVED playing a bard in LOTRO. I would go around and randomly 'play' my instruments for people using the keyboard (I play piano in RL, so I mapped out the keyboard similarly).