• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

WATCHMEN!

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Are you anticipating Watchmen? If not, why not? By all accounts it's an extremely faithful adaptation of the greatest superhero story ever written.

Seriously, this flick is going to kick some serious butt.

Trailer is in HD, so you have click the link.

CLICK IT!

YouTube - Watchmen Trailer in HD

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
watchmen_smiley.gif

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
My roommate is excited about it. Very excited. "I would run over puppies to make it to the midnight premier" excited. I will go with her if finals are being nice. She's debating dressing up. If she does, I will have to let myself be flamboyant enough to cover for my lack of costume.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I just re-read it again today in preparation... Will read it one more time before we get it on the 5th of March (one day early!) in Oz.

Fuck I love Rorschach too much. The Watchmen Rorschach trailer makes me squeal with fangirly excitement.

"...all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'Save us!'"

..."and I'll look down and whisper 'no.'"

That shot of him on the windowsill still gives me chills.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh I can't wait either- hubby read the comic to me and we went through it together and I just loved it. My favorite character of course is Rorschach!
I sure hope we get to see him in a prison scene where he says, none of you understand- I'm not locked up here with you- you're locked up in here with me. That is such a great line and I want to see him saying it,lol!

The movie looks like it will do the comic justice!

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
I sure hope we get to see him in a prison scene where he says, none of you understand- I'm not locked up here with you- you're locked up in here with me. That is such a great line and I want to see him saying it,lol!

Looks like there is a prison in the trailers, and it definitely shows the scene before that where he gets caught, plus its pretty important to the plot, so likely.

But I'm really hoping for Rorschach's talks with the psychologist.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I know nothing about the comic and in fact only heard of it about a year ago when I read news of the movie. I will be curious to see what I think of it compared to people who are huge fans of the source material. I think it's interesting to compare things like that. A movie can be a complete and satisfying entity unto itself, and yet still disappoint fans of the source material for not including their favorite parts or for having a different sensibility than the one they interpreted the story to have.

ladypinkington

Rubber Nipple Salesperson
MBTI Type
INFJ
I know nothing about the comic and in fact only heard of it about a year ago when I read news of the movie. I will be curious to see what I think of it compared to people who are huge fans of the source material. I think it's interesting to compare things like that. A movie can be a complete and satisfying entity unto itself, and yet still disappoint fans of the source material for not including their favorite parts or for having a different sensibility than the one they interpreted the story to have.

That is so true. Take the first Willy Wonka movie- very different from the book and in fact I heard that the author HATED IT but I personally love the movie as a complete seperate entity. The newest Willy Wonka with Depp is great too and I am glad that both films exist.

Except the Aunti Mame musical remake Mame with Lucille Ball- that was crap and totally did the story and character injustice and is unforgivable! I love Lucy, but that was a big pile of crap,lol. There is only one Auntie Mame and her name is Rosalind Russell,lol.

I have spoken!

LOL.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Indeed, like LOTR, HP or (more closely-related to Watchmen) 300/V for Vendetta.

Personally, I've never gone into a movie thinking "I hope that they don't ruin the film". I've always had the understanding that film is a completely different medium, with different limitations and different emphasis.

I'm also surprised by how Rorschach tends to be everyone's favourite character. Is it the appeal to moral dualism? Or his strict ethical code (juxtaposed against his violent nature)?

I'm pretty sure that the prison scene is in the film, from the trailer we can see Silk Spectre 2 and Nite Owl 2 fighting in a place with bars.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if I should be excited or not. Everyone really hyped Sin City and I walked out about 30 minutes after realizing there wasn't a second of redeeming quality to that piece of exploitation...

So, I'm going to go to this anyway, since I haven't gone to a film lately, and if it turns out to be a pretentious piece of drivel I'll take my popcorn and go...

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if I should be excited or not. Everyone really hyped Sin City and I walked out about 30 minutes after realizing there wasn't a second of redeeming quality to that piece of exploitation...

Alan Moore >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frank Miller

MBTI Type
INTJ
Personally, I've never gone into a movie thinking "I hope that they don't ruin the film". I've always had the understanding that film is a completely different medium, with different limitations and different emphasis.

I could hug you for this. I grind this ax constantly.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Can I hug you for this, too?

I've never thought this way, either -- not even about remakes.

(Honestly, I also never understood why people say that remakes ruin their predecessors.)

As for Watchmen, it looks interesting. I'll be seeing it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
The Trailer by far beats anything I've ever seen, it was pure brilliance. I cannot wait to see this movie, as it is destined to be truly amazing.