User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: WATCHMEN!

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MrME View Post
    Well, something personal and distinctive has to come through that mask. Plus, the way his dialogue was written in the comic really suggested a gruff, coarse voice. Hopefully, he won't overdo the voice like Christian Bale did with his Batman voice in The Dark Knight.
    Oh oh- you are so right- I hated Chritsian Bale's voice- it did ruin it for me.
    I know- he is trying to diguise it like a regular guy would who doesn't want his voice to be recognized- but I just think Batman needs a better voice to begin with- one that has more of a presence to it both as Wayne and Batman. Bale just doesn't have it man, he just doesn't have it.

I am so excited- I just re-read the comic and have seen every clip they have available for Watchmen and it looks awesome- the director is a huge fan himself of the comic which makes me have more confidence in the movie and Dave Gibbons approves of it and loves it.

Does anyone know what Alan Moore thinks about it or is he just keeping out of all of this period?
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Does anyone know what Alan Moore thinks about it or is he just keeping out of all of this period?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Moore
    I will be spitting venom all over it.

and

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Moore
    "I find film in its modern form to be quite bullying. It spoon-feeds us, which has the effect of watering down our collective cultural imagination. It is as if we are freshly hatched birds looking up with our mouths open waiting for Hollywood to feed us more regurgitated worms. The 'Watchmen' film sounds like more regurgitated worms. I for one am sick of worms. Can't we get something else? Perhaps some takeout? Even Chinese worms would be a nice change."
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFJ

Oh wow- well that's a shame.

He should go into the Hallmark business.

Being with you is better then being eaten alive by meaninglessness
    embodied in chinese worm food takeout.

LOLOLOL

Well, there is a lot of crappola but there are also a lot of awesome
    artful and meaningful works of art in film. Just as in any medium- there are sucky comics and good comics, good books and crap books, art that is crap and good art.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Well, there is a lot of crappola but there are also a lot of awesome
    artful and meaningful works of art in film. Just as in any medium- there are sucky comics and good comics, good books and crap books, art that is crap and good art.
    Exactly. The guy's a little crazy. That's probably what allowed him to write such genius graphic novels.

He is pretty cool though despite his distaste towards film.
    9 wing 1

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SuperServal View Post
    Exactly. The guy's a little crazy. That's probably what allowed him to write such genius graphic novels.

He is pretty cool though despite his distaste towards film.
    Oh yeah- he does seem cool. I like people who are characters and he is definately a character.

Don't get the unibomber look but hey- whatever floats your boat,lol.

I would like to see Christopher Guest do a mockumentary on someone like Alan Moore and the whole comic book scene. I wonder if he is like Mr Glass from Unbreakable in real life, Alan Moore that is?.

Still Guest could mokument all the different circles of comic personalities and creators- Stan Lee to Alan Moore to Frank Miller and others and have them show how they criticize and get along or don't get along.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, I got my ticket online for the midnight showing here. Should be exciting and packed with the entirety of the Sequential, Illustration, and Animation departments...as they are usually the three nerdy departments.

That's a lot of people. And I can bet you a bunch will be dressed up...I think I will make a tally, in my blog, of the event...maybe take pictures. With captions like: "Can you guess the number of Rorchachs in this picture?" "How many Night Owls does it take to screw in a lightbulb?"
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Hahaha! A good old Christopher Guest mockumentary is *perfect* for that. Do you think Eugene Levy could pull off playing him?

Kyrielle, that would be awesome!
    9 wing 1

Moore has been quoted as saying, As long as I could distance myself by not seeing them, he said, he could profit from the films while leaving the original comics untouched. He sure likes the money he gets for the adaptations but he is so put out by them that he wont even watch them.

If dude is so interested in his artistic integrity, I suggest he tear up those fat checks.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I didn't think he did get money from them actually. I swear I read that somewhere...... I at least read that for Watchmen he gave his check for the adaptation to Dave Gibbons, the illustrator. That makes him seem less crotchety if true.
    9 wing 1

Quote Originally Posted by SuperServal View Post
    I didn't think he did get money from them actually. I swear I read that somewhere...... I at least read that for Watchmen he gave his check for the adaptation to Dave Gibbons, the illustrator. That makes him seem less crotchety if true.
    Watchmen is a work for hire. That means he doesn't own it and doesn't get to decide how it is exploited, but is still due royalties. So no, he didn't have to approve turning it into a movie, but he will still be paid for it.

I can't speak to whether he gave the money away. I agree that it would change things.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari