MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Dr. Manhattan's giant blue dong figures prominently in this movie:

CONFIRMED: Dr. Manhattan's Penis is in the Watchmen Movie!
    Brilliant!
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

I know nothing about the comic and in fact only heard of it about a year ago when I read news of the movie. I will be curious to see what I think of it compared to people who are huge fans of the source material. I think it's interesting to compare things like that. A movie can be a complete and satisfying entity unto itself, and yet still disappoint fans of the source material for not including their favorite parts or for having a different sensibility than the one they interpreted the story to have.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I know nothing about the comic and in fact only heard of it about a year ago when I read news of the movie. I will be curious to see what I think of it compared to people who are huge fans of the source material. I think it's interesting to compare things like that. A movie can be a complete and satisfying entity unto itself, and yet still disappoint fans of the source material for not including their favorite parts or for having a different sensibility than the one they interpreted the story to have.
    That is so true. Take the first Willy Wonka movie- very different from the book and in fact I heard that the author HATED IT but I personally love the movie as a complete seperate entity. The newest Willy Wonka with Depp is great too and I am glad that both films exist.

Except the Aunti Mame musical remake Mame with Lucille Ball- that was crap and totally did the story and character injustice and is unforgivable! I love Lucy, but that was a big pile of crap,lol. There is only one Auntie Mame and her name is Rosalind Russell,lol.

I have spoken!

LOL.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Indeed, like LOTR, HP or (more closely-related to Watchmen) 300/V for Vendetta.

Personally, I've never gone into a movie thinking "I hope that they don't ruin the film". I've always had the understanding that film is a completely different medium, with different limitations and different emphasis.

I'm also surprised by how Rorschach tends to be everyone's favourite character. Is it the appeal to moral dualism? Or his strict ethical code (juxtaposed against his violent nature)?

I'm pretty sure that the prison scene is in the film, from the trailer we can see Silk Spectre 2 and Nite Owl 2 fighting in a place with bars.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I don't know if I should be excited or not. Everyone really hyped Sin City and I walked out about 30 minutes after realizing there wasn't a second of redeeming quality to that piece of exploitation...

So, I'm going to go to this anyway, since I haven't gone to a film lately, and if it turns out to be a pretentious piece of drivel I'll take my popcorn and go...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    I don't know if I should be excited or not. Everyone really hyped Sin City and I walked out about 30 minutes after realizing there wasn't a second of redeeming quality to that piece of exploitation...
    Alan Moore >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Frank Miller
    INFJ
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Personally, I've never gone into a movie thinking "I hope that they don't ruin the film". I've always had the understanding that film is a completely different medium, with different limitations and different emphasis.
    I could hug you for this. I grind this ax constantly.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    Can I hug you for this, too?

I've never thought this way, either -- not even about remakes.

(Honestly, I also never understood why people say that remakes ruin their predecessors.)

As for Watchmen, it looks interesting. I'll be seeing it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I could hug you for this. I grind this ax constantly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Can I hug you for this, too?
    We could have an INTJ group-hug... or not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

The Trailer by far beats anything I've ever seen, it was pure brilliance. I cannot wait to see this movie, as it is destined to be truly amazing.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?