• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Married with children

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Used to like it, now I can't watch it for more than 8 seconds without feeling like I've time warped.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've also wonder if nostalgia was more of NF trait I can like the shittiest shows if I watched them growing up and listen to terrible music if i listened to that stuff growing up.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Music I can do, but when I watch that show now, I don't see anything funny in it. All I see now is a guy disrespecting his caricatured wife. Meh. I'm not really sure what I thought was funny back in the day; maybe I just watched it and laughed with other people.

I'm not sure there are too many other shows that give that same feeling of meh-ness. It was a pretty unique show.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
ah. yeah from what I understand it was supposedly pretty offensive when it aired of course I was a little kid then, and only watched the show and didn't pay attention to the critics. I also use to watch Smart Guy and Sister Sister and Clueless and I watched those 3 shows and couldn't figure out why I ever watched them, so I guess their's some shows I liked when I was younger and now I don't.

I wonder if south park is going to feel dated 22 years from now.I wouldn't be suprised.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Used to like it, now I can't watch it for more than 8 seconds without feeling like I've time warped.

Me, too. I think I've probably seen every episode, but I can't watch it now--I just don't connect with it in the same way or find it funny. Not b/c of any serious statement of how he treats his wife or anything, though. *shrugs*

Other shows I liked when I was younger but can't stand now include "I Dream of Jeannie," "Bewitched," and "Good Times."