• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Wire

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
^Can't wait to get there. Not even finished with Season 1 yet.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't think I've ever seen a bad HBO series. But then...I haven't seen all of them, yet, either.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
^Can't wait to get there. Not even finished with Season 1 yet.

Strangely enough, Beat, it gets better. Quite a bit better. I've watched all of the seasons on DVD - and while I think PureMercury's right in that season 4 was the best, they're all good - and almost certainly head and shoulders above most anything else that's ever been on TV. Each season sort of started off slow... I'd wonder why I was sticking with it for the first hour or two, then I got wrapped up in it and didn't want them to end. The final episode of season 5 is one that'll stick with me, in particular.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
never seen it but I went to a play for a class that one of the actor was on the wire-Boris McGiver. He's also in Under Elms in Chicago at the goodman otherwise I know nothing. NOTHING!!!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
never seen it but I went to a play for a class that one of the actor was on the wire-Boris McGiver. He's also in Under Elms in Chicago at the goodman otherwise I know nothing. NOTHING!!!

Ah, yes. Marimow. He plays a dickhead on that show.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Great show. Finishing up Season 4 this week, then moving on to Season 5.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Never seen it, but I should someday. It's filmed in Baltimore anyhow.

jungie

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah, the best thing to be found on any screen.
I have a soft spot for Season 2 - there's still a bit of Stringer Bell. :)

BallentineChen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I thought season two was the weakest, I'm up to 403 as we speak. Compared to season one I thought the character development was really weak. Especially compared to D'Angelo, who was obviously a person with a strong internal struggle. It was hard for me to see that in any of the dock workers in S2. Another great character to watch was Prez. He's easily dismissible when he first shot off that gun, but it was exciting to see him step up when he was confined to the office. One of the things I love most about The Wire is how uncompromising it could be. Characters that we love, that were really developed and whole, are killed unflinchingly, like some sort of statement about reality.