User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Video Game Console is King?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

12 41.38%
  • Playstation 3

8 27.59%
  • Nintendo Wii

8 27.59%
  • Screw those console's, im sticking with Duck Hunt

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Thread: The Console War

MBTI
    ESTP

Default The Console War

So now is a pretty good time to ask this question, so in your opinion who has clearly won the war? Is it Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or the Nintendo Wii?

Also if you have any pro or cons about a console, do tell, its pretty awesome to see people's views on the different features on each of the consoles
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

PC, dammit!!!

As for the two major consoles, I find that the PlayStation 3 appeals to anime geeks and the Xbox 360 appeals to military brats.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I guess if you're going with hardware numbers you'd have to say the Wii technically "won." But you can't call half of the crap on the system games. Metroid 3 was good, and I do love Wii sports, but I thought it wasn't generally a step forward for gaming in general, more of a step sideways.

X360 is my favorite system, it has my favorite games and I think the best online platform of all the consoles, despite the fact it's 50 bucks a year. Great media capabilities, great graphics, and seems specifically tailored to playing games unlike the PS3 sometimes.

PS3 is a phenomenal system that was unfortunately the victim of several design missteps from the beginning. Basically inserting the Cell chip which was designed for media display, and not really systems and simulation execution, turned out to drive the cost up where they could have just dropped a prototype C2duo in there and it would have blown 360's away, and keep the development tools relatively easy to use, which is another drawback it has. Although it has some great games and Blu-ray turned out to be the best idea, and the standard hard-drive is something I thought was very important and a HUGE drawback for the 360 for not including one standard.

If the PC could get some good developers back it would be the best. So far you've got Crytek and Blizzard essentially keeping it on life support.

MBTI
    ESTP

I was gonna put pc but i knew that it would rape the poll so i left it out lol

One thing with the 360 though is its media support, they say that it can read some of the formats but they are clearly lying, it suxs
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Zealot View Post
    I was gonna put pc but i knew that it would rape the poll so i left it out lol

One thing with the 360 though is its media support, they say that it can read some of the formats but they are clearly lying, it suxs
    Really? Reads all my stuff. My .avi's on my computer and it plays my burned dvds, and my music too.

MBTI
    ESTP

music and burned dvd work fine, but streaming avi to my 360 is a hit or miss for some stupid reason, ill throw it on a jump drive and try it on a ps3 and it works fine its wierd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    If the PC could get some good developers back it would be the best. So far you've got Crytek and Blizzard essentially keeping it on life support.
    PC games also available for consoles still usually manage to be better than their console counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    PC games also available for consoles still usually manage to be better than their console counterparts.
    True, however those cross platform games are usually now made for the console then ported to the PC, you can see it in UI and menu design. The difference from Morrowind to Oblivion was pure "consolitis."

PC can do so much more yet a fraction of the software supports it now, where 10 years ago it was the other way around. What a shame. My favorite games are PC games.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I need to get back to gaming. I still don't own any of the current gen consoles. But there's no doubt in my mind I'm getting a 360 (and a PS3 for Ico 3) sooner or later.

Nintendo "won" but I think Microsoft might have gained more from this gen in the long run (obviously it's the company with more to gain out of the three, as far as videogaming is concerned) if you look at the progress made by 360 in comparison with the original Xbox.

All I know is that I'm eagerly awaiting for Denis Dyack's one console future, so this petty fanboy mentality can die (well, actually... I still root for Sega somewhat).

MBTI
    ENFj

Well I mostly prefer the 360 because of the games (I am a first person shooter player) and because I find the controller better than that of the PS3. I think hte PC is great but unfortunately my PC doesn't have the hardware necessary to run most current games right now and I don't want to waste money upgrading it. Plus Xbox Live is awsome... I ma going to get me a PS3 soon though.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.