User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Video Game Console is King?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

12 41.38%
  • Playstation 3

8 27.59%
  • Nintendo Wii

8 27.59%
  • Screw those console's, im sticking with Duck Hunt

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Thread: The Console War

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

PC gaming is not even close to dying.

Steam, MMOs (not just WoW, think of all those Korean MMOs, even Runescape). The problem is that people only look at retail sales and conclude that consoles are overshadowing PCs. This isn't true. A huge amount of money is being spent online through subscriptions, downloaded games, the massive amount of revenue from casual games, and hardware sales aren't being counted at all.

This article covers it. Or this interview with Doug Lombardi.

PC gaming dying is a myth.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

As for consoles, I chose PS3. And if there's a game for either the Xbox 360 and the PS3 (but not the PC), I'll more likely get it on the PS3, partly because I want to get my money's worth for the system as a gaming console; I have something like 5 or 6 games for it. Although as a multimedia device, I feel I already got my money's worth. (Although I can't get the Blu-Ray discs to resume after I turn the system off, which you supposedly can do.)

In addition, the PS3 has a lower fail rate. No red lights to speak of (except when it's turned off).

I just wish the PS3 would get more good exclusive titles. I mean Killzone 2 looks good from a graphical standpoint (although it is no Crysis), but something tells me it will just be a post-apocalyptic incarnation of Call of Duty (Haha, I said "duty!"), so basically, it'll be an overused (and overrated) theme shoved into an overrated game.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

See for me, the PS3 get's shafted a lot. A good amount of earlier titles were poor ports compared to the X360, DLC is something that they get left out of for certain titles, like GTA and Fallout 3. Also Valve won't even touch the system, the have an EA sweatshop slop together a couple ports. It's a shame because if you could devote some good time and resources to the system you get great products, developers just don't.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

In terms of a wide variety of games, I choose Xbox 360. When it comes to the coolest games in history, I choose PS3. But I still prefer Xbox 360. ONE THING is that the screen is adjustable 360 degrees that means you can rotate the screen into every nook and corner.

Wait, GTA 4 is Xbox 360 right? Yeah, that's second.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by callmemigs View Post
    ONE THING is that the screen is adjustable 360 degrees that means you can rotate the screen into every nook and corner.
    I have a 360 but..... What?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

PC > All

But, for my 2 cents.
    Xbox 360 ftw. I don't know much about PS3 so imma stay quiet on them.

Xbox live downloads > Wii downloads, the ability to connect to a computer and broadcast any movies to your TV directly.

Nintendo needs to get their head out of their ass and start going with the more adult-aimed games. Grand Theft Mario isn't coming out, and neither is a game where a disgruntled plumber riding a dinosaur gets to actually scorch people to bits and bludgeon people's heads aside with a pipe while having gooey bloody action from King Bowser Koopa mauling faces off.

Your princess is in another castle. Go with the 360.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius does not really play computer games any more. He voted bottom two options; firstly, as the games he mostly plays are Mario Galaxy and Smash Bros. Brawl which of course are on the Wii. Secondly, one can't beat retro classics from days gone by; for example, Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and Street Fighter II are much more fun to play than any game made this console generation.

All the 360 games seem the same to Falcarius as they are all pretty much first-person shooters (the good ones anyway), if Falcarius were to play a first-person shooter he would rather play them on the PC. As for the PS3, it does not even have one game that makes Falcarius want to play it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    EII

Ugh the console war makes me sick...

Dont get me wrong I used to be deep in the trenches myself, Although I have always been a diehard PC Gamer I was all for Xbox for a time before I discovered what I was missing with the PS2. With the new console releases I fell in love with the Wii and I continued to battle my way through the console war trenches.

But after listening to a Penny Arcade podcast they brought up a good point... Why do we have to fight this ridiculous battle? Why can't we just like GAMES? Whats wrong with that?

I've taken that to heart and that is where I stand, I just like GAMES.

(And PC Gaming will live longer then consoles mark my words. )
    r0wo1 the destroyer of threads has struck again...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

You know, I see all these reviews about how Killzone 2 is the best-looking game ever. Personally, I don't see it. My best guess is that it's the best-looking console game ever, 'cause it doesn't even come close to Crysis.

Though, to be honest, it's not even that special for a console game, save the opening cinematic. Once again, console games all seem to be the same.

And just because a game has atmospheric lighting and drab, dusty environments does not make it look good.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Everyone knows the best looking game ever is Jet Set Radio Future. I challenge anyone to prove me wrong!