User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which Video Game Console is King?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Xbox 360

12 41.38%
  • Playstation 3

8 27.59%
  • Nintendo Wii

8 27.59%
  • Screw those console's, im sticking with Duck Hunt

7 24.14%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Thread: The Console War

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Third Rider View Post
    Well I mostly prefer the 360 because of the games (I am a first person shooter player) and because I find the controller better than that of the PS3. I think hte PC is great but unfortunately my PC doesn't have the hardware necessary to run most current games right now and I don't want to waste money upgrading it. Plus Xbox Live is awsome... I ma going to get me a PS3 soon though.
    Heartily agree with the 360 controller's greatness. It's just the best controller I've ever played with. When the new one comes out, I hope they're backwards compatible and they better not jump on the motion sensing bandwagon unless they get it perfect and it's more accurate than a regular controller, or certainly more accurate than the Wiimote.

MBTI
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Heartily agree with the 360 controller's greatness. It's just the best controller I've ever played with. When the new one comes out, I hope they're backwards compatible and they better not jump on the motion sensing bandwagon unless they get it perfect and it's more accurate than a regular controller, or certainly more accurate than the Wiimote.
    Tell me about it, all the bottons are exactly where they should be, it molds to my hand (the PS is kind of "blocky"), the sticks are far enough appart (that is one reason I hate PS3 controller), the triggers are great. The overall controller is just perfect for FPS games. I have actually been looking for a way to be able to use the PS3 with a 360 controller, so far I found one way to do it but you have to run a cable to the PS3, no wireless.
    ENFJ 3W4

If you read this I am sorry to say that you just lost 5 seconds of your life that you wont be getting back.*

*Actual time may vary.

MBTI
    ISTP

The Wii. Is there any question who won? o_O And they did it for a profit from the start...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Super Nintendo.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yes they are quite comfortable to use, especially when it comes to fps or racing in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula

Super Nintendo.
    Super nintendo is great, has anyone played Super Mario Legend of the Seven Stars?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I need to get back to gaming. I still don't own any of the current gen consoles. But there's no doubt in my mind I'm getting a 360 (and a PS3 for Ico 3) sooner or later.
    They've made an Ico 3?!?! *elated squeal* It may be the very thing that makes me bother to get a PS3 at some point (along with a few other games).

I don't own any of the new consoles, but I've played with the Wii and it's pretty fun. I suppose the Wii has won, really. Not because the games were awesome and amazing, but because it's introduced a new system of controls for playing video games and has consistently built upon that system. It has also managed to get more people playing video games by making the act of playing more interactive. (Never would I have thought to hear my mom say, "Let's play Wii Tennis".)

Now if we could just have the Wii's gaming system concept (only more refined) combined with the graphics of the 360/PS3 and the rougher, grittier types of games those two consoles usually have...
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    It has also managed to get more people playing video games by making the act of playing more interactive. (Never would I have thought to hear my mom say, "Let's play Wii Tennis".)
    Heh, we have a 'wii tennis' club here at work. It's surprising how the simplest games can grab hold. Wii tennis is serious business here. And I say that without a twinge of sarcasm.

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I can't say there's too many exclusives on either console that I must have.
    Under Construction

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    They've made an Ico 3?!?! *elated squeal* It may be the very thing that makes me bother to get a PS3 at some point (along with a few other games).
    Team Ico, creators of ICO and Shadow of the Colossus, are currently developing a game for the PS3 which we still know nothing about. But it's coming sooner or later. 2009/2010 is a good bet.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Nintendo is the winner by a long shot. The Wii's main competition is the DS.

I personally own a PS3 though. I got new one for $250 and that was too good to pass up. Overall I just think the Xbox360 and PS3 are so similar. You should just refer to them both as the PS360. The main decision between the two is do you want to just play games or do you want to do other stuff (like watch blue-rays) too. That basically determines which one you should like more.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com