• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Skies of Arcadia: Legends

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP
Well for it not being a new release Skies of Arcadia: Legends in my opinion is an amazing game with a very creative storyline. If anyone has played this game please do tell of ur experience cuz i enjoy it everytime i play even if it was just last month lol "Moons give me Strength" :yes:

Mystic Zealot

MBTI Type
ESTP
i personally prefer the gamecube version over the dreamcast version, but anyone who hasnt tried this game totally should

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i personally prefer the gamecube version over the dreamcast version, but anyone who hasnt tried this game totally should

I had the gamecube version, dont anymore though. :cry:

MOOONSTOONE CANNNNNOOOOONN

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
I had it, thought Grandia II's combat system was better.
Grandia II is one of the most cynically designed games I've played. It depressed and angered me so much that I forced myself to beat it out of spite. It's what started to open my eyes to the problems in contemporary game design, which in turn bled out and evolved into my current notion of literary theory. So I guess what doesn't kill you...

Though in isolation, yeah, the battle system is clever.

Arcadia is joyous, though. It uses the form to do something human. One of my favorite Dreamcast games. That moment about halfway through, when -- well, don't want to spoil things. But two paths begin to cross. At the time it gave me one of the bigger epiphanies I'd gotten from a videogame.

Ah, poor Dreamcast.

I love nigh on everything Rieko Kodama does. Phantasy Star II shaped much of my early perspective of the medium. It also got me interested in music theory, which led to my study of philosophy -- which in turn led me to the writing that I do now. And hey -- in Nei, my first crush!

Doppleganger

MBTI Type
IxtP
Enneagram
5w4
I didn't get very far at all in that game. Random battles were too frequent and took a long time from what I remember.

Snow Turtle

Oh.... my! *Orgasms*

Steampunk is just awesome. I wish battleships in the skies existed just like they did in Skies of Arcadia.

An anime that had similar sort of thing is Last Exile.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Well for it not being a new release Skies of Arcadia: Legends in my opinion is an amazing game with a very creative storyline. If anyone has played this game please do tell of ur experience cuz i enjoy it everytime i play even if it was just last month lol "Moons give me Strength" :yes:

I liked that game. I like most Japanese RPGs, though. I found that that one's story had a lot of twists and turns in it... that's another thing I like.

I'm surprised an ESTP would like RPG games rather than FPS games, but I guess it can happen.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I remember it vividly. The next Sonic game, his big comeback, was to be Sonic Adventure. I saved up for nearly two years and bought the Dreamcast. Awesome console, awesome gaming. Unrivaled in fun factor by any console. Sega's divisions were each independently owned, their was rivalry between all of them, ideas were swapped, competition ensued and awesome games were released. Skies of Arcadia was one of them. The Skies of Arcadia community was great.

GameFAQs used to have a social forum. I can remember the likes of - FireFalcon, Argama, VyseTheLegend, EikoVII, DrunkenLoqua, Tetsuro. Those were good times. There was an entire fanbase around the game, lots of inside info and inside jokes and and a community full of SPs if I'm not mistaken.

The game's mechanics, story, and lots of theories were beaten to death. Somehow everyone managed to get a long. The community fella part, the death of the Dreamcast was announced, and a new version of Skies of Arcadia was released for the Cube and the PS2 (later cancelled). Sadly, gaming hasn't been the same since. The Internet has turned into a festering cesspool, gaming has all but diminished into something like music groupies.

I'll never forget it.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I remember it vividly. The next Sonic game, his big comeback, was to be Sonic Adventure. I saved up for nearly two years and bought the Dreamcast. Awesome console, awesome gaming. Unrivaled in fun factor by any console. Sega's divisions were each independently owned, their was rivalry between all of them, ideas were swapped, competition ensued and awesome games were released. Skies of Arcadia was one of them. The Skies of Arcadia community was great.

GameFAQs used to have a social forum. I can remember the likes of - FireFalcon, Argama, VyseTheLegend, EikoVII, DrunkenLoqua, Tetsuro. Those were good times. There was an entire fanbase around the game, lots of inside info and inside jokes and and a community full of SPs if I'm not mistaken.

The game's mechanics, story, and lots of theories were beaten to death. Somehow everyone managed to get a long. The community fella part, the death of the Dreamcast was announced, and a new version of Skies of Arcadia was released for the Cube and the PS2 (later cancelled). Sadly, gaming hasn't been the same since. The Internet has turned into a festering cesspool, gaming has all but diminished into something like music groupies.

I'll never forget it.

If you saved up for a game, and notice that the quality of conversation on the Internet has declined, there's no way you're an SP.

Are you sure you're not just an ExTJ who tends to let loose a lot? A lot of those guys mistake themselves for ESTPs if they like to party a lot, act on impulse, or something.

FC3S

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
If you saved up for a game, and notice that the quality of conversation on the Internet has declined, there's no way you're an SP.

Are you sure you're not just an ExTJ who tends to let loose a lot? A lot of those guys mistake themselves for ESTPs if they like to party a lot, act on impulse, or something.
Such ignorant logic! Because You've already labeled me and are attempting to impose, I'm not even going to state why you are as wrong as you are!

Respect -1

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Such ignorant logic! Because You've already labeled me and are attempting to impose, I'm not even going to state why you are as wrong as you are!

Respect -1

LOL. It was just a suggestion, I could be wrong. You don't have to get so bent out of shape about it.