Wesley Crusher: INTP
    Worf: ISTJ
    Counselor Deanna Troi: ENFJ
    Miles O'Brien: ESFJ
    Keiko O'Brien: INFP
    Tasha Yar: ISTP
    Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
    Q: ENTP
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ESTJ
    Commander William Riker: ESTP
    Geordi LaForge: ISFP
    Data: INTJ
    Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENTJ
    Tasha Yar: ISTP
    Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
    Q: ENTP

I may be a little rusty on these, but I think Picard is an INFJ or INTJ, Data an INTP, Deanna an INFP or ENFP.

Q - ENTP looks right.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud
    Likes chubber liked this post

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Your list looks about right, but Picard is INTJ, Deanna Troi is an INFP, Data is an INTP (ENTP when he has his emotions chip installed), Dr Crusher is an INFJ,

I've heard of Geordi being an ENTP or ESTP. On the "mypersonality.info" website it says he is ENTJ (which I don't believe). Why do you think he is ISFP?
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Your list looks about right, but Picard is INTJ, Deanna Troi is an INFP, Data is an INTP (ENTP when he has his emotions chip installed), Dr Crusher is an INFJ,

I've heard of Geordi being an ENTP or ESTP. On the "mypersonality.info" website it says he is ENTJ (which I don't believe). Why do you think he is ISFP?
    Hmm, yeah I guess Picard probably is INTJ. I hadn't considered that but now that you mention it, it makes more sense than ESTJ.

I dunno, I really get that INFJ vibe from Troi; I mean, she's literally an emotional psychic. Like a fictional sci-fi exaggeration of an INFJ's abilities! (In other words, I'll give you I for her, but not necessarily P just yet.)

Data seems much more confident in his abilities than most INTPs. I just get this crazy dominant Ni vibe from him. He just has no emotions, and so his calm and open manner is simply a function of being completely and totally 100% T, more than any real person, not of P-motivated flexibility--he cares as much as he is programmed to care, but for most of the series he doesn't really feel any actual emotions. He is only considerate as far it is rational to be considerate.

When it comes to his core values, he is rigid and inflexible. He will not break Starfleet regulations...most INTPs I know don't really hold dogmatically to any kind of arbitrary outside-imposed code of law like that. Data reminds me of my INTJ father (himself, coincidentally, a big TNG fan), who is literally the most ethically conscious and law-abiding citizen I have ever known. He is not very good with direct shows of emotion, but I know he cares deeply and I've learned to recognize that and appreciate his intellectual abilities.

Once he has the emotion chip, I'd agree with ENTP...Lore is certainly ENTJ, though.

Suppose I got a little off topic there. Anyway, Geordi is obviously introverted; numerous episodes stress how shy he is around women. His obvious natural understanding of the mechanical systems involved in engineering, and brilliance in improvisational, practical task-oriented problem solving on the fly, seem to me very SP, and all the major characters seem very able to open up to him. He's very, very F and it shows. ENTJ for him is absolute silliness.

No wonder I had fantasies about Deanna Troi
    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. --- Maya Angelou

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think my mis-judgment of Geordi comes from the fact that I know pretty much nothing about the Artisans, but what you say makes sense.

I think everyone types Data as INTP simply because Fe is on the very end of their functions list (main ones anyway) and he is for the most part of the series unable to get in touch with that.

If we got very technical I'd say Data has all non feeling functions totally balanced, he is literally the perfect being (intellectual wise). He can think rapidly or on one thought, etc. What I meant by all non feeling functions balanced was that he has Se, Si, Ni, Ne, Ti, and Te totally working and in tact for him. It's very hard to type a machine.

INFPs are "emotionally psychic" too in a sense. In order to understand someone, I usually take on people's emotions to feel them for myself, she does this in a very extreme sense. In some episodes she is totally disfunctional simply because she is feeling someone's intense emotions, this is very much how an INFP can get (with their own emotions, and those come from within or from other people). Her Fi is crazy over active, I don't see how INFJ is a choice.

I always confused Dr. Crusher between T and F, but in the end she seems like a very balanced INFJ. She uses her tertiary thinking a lot that's for sure, and she is also very warm and sensitive.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    INFPs are "emotionally psychic" too in a sense. In order to understand someone, I usually take on people's emotions to feel them for myself, she does this in a very extreme sense. In some episodes she is totally disfunctional simply because she is feeling someone's intense emotions, this is very much how an INFP can get (with their own emotions, and those come from within or from other people). Her Fi is crazy over active, I don't see how INFJ is a choice.

I always confused Dr. Crusher between T and F, but in the end she seems like a very balanced INFJ. She uses her tertiary thinking a lot that's for sure, and she is also very warm and sensitive.
    I think Troi is using a lot more Fe than Fi. From the socionics article on wiki:

Fe is responsible for the perception of an emotional state in an individual and the bodily and linguistic expression of emotions.

I think INFJ can become dysfunctional over the emotions of others in exactly the same way, sometimes even worse because the J makes them prone to inflexibility. INFPs are hurt by the struggles and emotional pains of humanity, but don't develop guilt complexes over not actively doing anything about it the way INFJs do.

I called her ENFJ because I got a dominant Fe vibe from her, not Fi. Her Fi is no slouch either, but her empathy for others is directly related to perception of their emotional states and she comes on VERY strong in her bodily and linguistic expressions of emotions.

Crusher could be INFJ. I dunno; I'd have to go back and watch some of these episodes again.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Deanna Troi's mother: ESFP???
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Deanna Troi's mother: ESFP???
    ESFJ! She's way too pushy for a P.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ESTJ
    Commander William Riker: ESTP
    Geordi LaForge: ISFP
    Data: INTJ
    Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENTJ