• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek: The Next Generation MBTI

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm too hungover to make other assaults to your typing list, so I'll be back.

:smooch:

Killjoy

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Q is definitely an ENTP.

In fact, the whole banter between Q and Picard is a perfect depiction of an INTJ-ENTP relationship.

[YOUTUBE="ZoV7_L_ibu0"]Picard/Q[/YOUTUBE]

KDude

Probably has been said, but O'brien struck me as an ISTP :thinking: ESFJ is kind of hard to swallow. I'm thinking DS9 mostly.. he seemed introverted. I forgot what he was like in TNG.

Ro Laren might be a pissed ISFP or INFP? What type was she?.. She was cool.

alakazam

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
That site is so, so wrong... Kirk = N? Picard an NT? Q an ENTJ?

No: Kirk = SP; Picard = SJ; Q = ENTP...

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That site is so, so wrong... Kirk = N? Picard an NT? Q an ENTJ?

No: Kirk = SP; Picard = SJ; Q = ENTP...

Why did you stop there? And why aren't you willing to fill in more of the letters? According to your posting history you've had 3 years to figure this out.

Picard is an ISTJ. Wesley Crusher is an ENTP. He's been called an INTP, but he has far too much enthusiasm and external creative playfulness for an INTP. He literally bounds with Ne-ness. (Ick. Wesley is an ISTP not ENTP. My mistake.)

Last edited:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Geordi La Forge is an ISFJ. He is affable, kind, good-natured, and has a deep connection with some past trauma. He is always willing to share credit, or to give it where it's due. Geordi is often seen empathizing with the problems of others in the ship's crew. It's easy to see that Geordi considers the ship's crew to be like a second family to him.

Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge (Character) - Quotes
[La Forge has provided the Borg with an energy supplying device]
Third of Five: Why do you do this?
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: I'm just a nice guy at heart. You feeling better?
Third of Five: You are not Borg.
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: That's right. And I hope to stay that way.
Third of Five: You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.
Lt. Commander Geordi La Forge: That's gratitude for you.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Its been years since I watched but I'll give it a stab

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ISTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTP
Geordi LaForge: INTP
Data: INTP
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENFJ
Wesley Crusher: annoying
Worf: ISTJ
Counselor Deanna Troi: INFJ
Miles O'Brien: ESFJ
Keiko O'Brien: ?
Tasha Yar: ?
Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
Q: ENTP

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lwaxana Troi ESFP and histrionic personality type.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Beverly Crusher - analytical yet idealistic, she will argue passionately in the defense of human values. When it comes to helping others her MO is to act first and ask questions later. ENFJ

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's Sarek's type? (He counts since he guest starred in 2 episodes.)

Interesting question. I'll have to go with ISFJ for Sarek, because although he is by tradition a logical Vulcan, his logical control is weak, particularly with regard to Spock. Sarek is also strongly traditional. He wanted Spock to attend the Vulcan Science Academy as he himself did, and broke off communication with Spock when he chose to attend Star Fleet Academy instead. Sarek broke off communication over several such disappointments.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
His reaction to Kirk about leaving Spock on Genesis is a good example. From Kirk's perspective, that was probably the most logical course of action, and Sarek shouldn't have expected Kirk to know every little vulcan tradition and custom. It is only logical Kirk would deposit his body there, since "burial at sea" is probably a common thing in Starfleet.

Kirk's burial under a pile of rocks in Generations is another example of a weird way of saying goodbye. The great Captain Kirk, interred under a pile of rocks?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Data (without the emotion chip) is an ISTP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its been years since I watched but I'll give it a stab

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ISTJ
Geordi LaForge: INTP
Data: INTP
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENFJ
Wesley Crusher: annoying

I see you've caught onto the "Wesley Crusher is annoying" internet meme:
https://www.google.com/search?q="Wesley+Crusher+is+annoying"&oq="Wesley+Crusher+is+annoying"

resized_wes-meme-generator-i-m-wesley-crusher-and-i-m-an-annoying-fuckhead-822915.jpg

"Annoying" is just an opinion. Actually, the character "Wesley Crusher" provides a plot device known as a deus ex machina. If you'll notice, every time Wesley is working on something amazing it just happens to serve as part of the resolution to the episode's particular conflict. For example, Wesley playing with tractor beams in the episode "The Naked Now," https://youtu.be/ad1i-FvVRiE?t=585 and https://youtu.be/ad1i-FvVRiE?t=604, and then Wesley playing with long-range sensors in the episode "The Battle," https://youtu.be/gH7GAKbJBP8?t=421

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I view these TNG episodes on Netflix I can't help but notice all the flaws in the episodes, some of them serious enough to constitute plot-holes. For example, on the episode entitled "The Battle," DaiMon Bok confronts Picard on the bridge of the Stargazer. The Stargazer has its shields up, preventing Riker from beaming Picard back on board the Enterprise. However, Bok has no such trouble beaming back on board his own ship.

In the same episode, Picard was considered either a helmsman on the Stargazer or captain, depending on which part of the episode one is viewing.

The Ferengi ship apparently has an amazing tractor beam that can pull the derelict Stargazer out from behind the planet they are orbiting. And although the Stargazer was merely behind the planet, Wesley says he spotted it while tuning the long-range scanners to detect at a greater distance. I assume that long-range scanners have a greater range than some few thousand miles, especially considering that it is the Enterprise-D, Starfleet's flagship and practically a brand new ship.

The episode "Where No One Has Gone Before" was really bad. The character known only as The Traveler takes the Enterprise-D on an amazing journey across the universe, but it was Wesley who manipulated the warp bubble that enabled The Traveler to do this. Yet somehow Wesley never tries to claim credit and never once mentions his own role in the ordeal. Neither does The Traveler.

In the same episode, the Enterprise-D apparently ends up billions of light-years away from Earth. The navigator (Data) can calculate the ship's position based on space/time coordinates relative to interstellar bodies. However, the external shot of the Enterprise-D's new environment in space shows no stars, no galaxies, nothing that could allow Data to calculate their position relative to anything at all.

TheGodson

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
???
I made an account just to post on this thread.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
The Captain is definitely an "I" because he always needs his alone time. He has a stick up his butt so "J".

Riker is an S because he's somewhat of a thrill seeker.

Geordi LaForge: INFP
He is fairly borderline with the "I". Definitely a feeler though. He kinda has a gay vibe making him almost an "E".

Data: ENTP
You are probably surprised by the "E" since he seems be so introspective. But in his personal time he is always seeking other people to do things with.

Dr. Beverly Crusher: INFJ
Didn't put too much thought into her character so meh.

Wesley Crusher: INFP
He's your typical homeschooled-sheltered-goody-two-shoes kid. He's smart so you'd think he would be a thinker, but he's so emotional that he is a feeler.

Worf: ISFJ
Obvious "I". He is so much a feeler. Can't see why people are making him a "T". Let your inner Klingon out Warf. "Arghghghhhhhhhh!"

Counselor Deanna Troi: ENFP
Hard for her to be anything else but this. You could argue "J", but I think "P".

Tasha Yar: ISTJ
She's a fighter so "S". Stick up butt makes her a "J". She is a thinker by default since she doesn't really feel except during her cheesy hologram death speech.

Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFP
She is kind of like Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas. She doesn't have a stick up her butt so she is a "P".

He is annoying as fuck and can't stop talking making him an "E". He doesn't care about anyone making him a "T". Spontaneous as well making him a "P".

Anyone who you can imagine with a stick up their butt is basically a "J". Really good rule of thumb.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I made an account just to post on this thread.

Welcome to the forum.

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
The Captain is definitely an "I" because he always needs his alone time. He has a stick up his butt so "J".

Seems the likeliest fit although he occasionally comes across as an STJ or NFJ

Riker is an S because he's somewhat of a thrill seeker.

This one is tougher because the character evolved a bit from a Kirk-like thrill seeker in the earlier seasons to a by-the-book supervisor in the later seasons. I'd say ESTP is a good fit for Riker in seasons 1 and 2, but later he is written more like an ESTJ.

Geordi LaForge: INFP
He is fairly borderline with the "I". Definitely a feeler though. He kinda has a gay vibe making him almost an "E".

"gay" vibe? :laugh:

I think Geordi is a pretty clear extrovert, albeit slightly socially awkward and luckless in romance (not to say extroverts have better luck in romance). ExTP, maybe ExTJ

Data: ENTP
You are probably surprised by the "E" since he seems be so introspective. But in his personal time he is always seeking other people to do things with.

I think he skirts the line between E and I. People like to classify him an INTP because he's socially awkward due to being an android not entirely familiar with the nuances of social interaction. I am still leaning INTP over ENTP. Watch the episode "In Theory" and notice how he approaches dating--something about this strikes me as quintessentially INTP. Notice how he is thinking of several other topics while kissing the girl, and though she is a bit hurt by this, he doesn't seem to understand why this wouldn't be normal. I think emotion chip Data in Generations acts like an ENTP troll:

3-data%2Bpuppet.gif

5ldzCDWspq9HO.webp

Dr. Beverly Crusher: INFJ
Didn't put too much thought into her character so meh.

Many have typed her ESFJ without offering much explanation. I don't get it. ENFJ could work as well.

Wesley Crusher: INFP
He's your typical homeschooled-sheltered-goody-two-shoes kid. He's smart so you'd think he would be a thinker, but he's so emotional that he is a feeler.

I think he might be an ISxP. We're looking at a gifted level kid, so it might make him harder to type.

Worf: ISFJ
Obvious "I". He is so much a feeler. Can't see why people are making him a "T". Let your inner Klingon out Warf. "Arghghghhhhhhhh!"

He has the deep, somewhat supressed introverted feeling of an ISTJ. It doesn't come out directly but he is sometimes breaks with tradition and duty to do "the right thing" when he sees injustices.

Counselor Deanna Troi: ENFP
Hard for her to be anything else but this. You could argue "J", but I think "P".

Why? I think she's an INFx

Tasha Yar: ISTJ
She's a fighter so "S". Stick up butt makes her a "J". She is a thinker by default since she doesn't really feel except during her cheesy hologram death speech.

She wasn't around long enough to get an accurate typing. I could see ISTJ, ISTP, possibly ESTJ

Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFP
She is kind of like Grandmother Willow from Pocahontas. She doesn't have a stick up her butt so she is a "P".

I think Guinan is an NJ of some form.

He is annoying as fuck and can't stop talking making him an "E". He doesn't care about anyone making him a "T". Spontaneous as well making him a "P".

Agreed on ENTP for Q

Anyone who you can imagine with a stick up their butt is basically a "J". Really good rule of thumb.

This amused me :laugh: Can I borrow it for my signature?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I see you've caught onto the "Wesley Crusher is annoying" internet meme:
https://www.google.com/search?q="Wesley+Crusher+is+annoying"&oq="Wesley+Crusher+is+annoying"

resized_wes-meme-generator-i-m-wesley-crusher-and-i-m-an-annoying-fuckhead-822915.jpg

"Annoying" is just an opinion. Actually, the character "Wesley Crusher" provides a plot device known as a deus ex machina. If you'll notice, every time Wesley is working on something amazing it just happens to serve as part of the resolution to the episode's particular conflict. For example, Wesley playing with tractor beams in the episode "The Naked Now," Star Trek TNG 102: The Naked Now in 10 minutes! - YouTube and Star Trek TNG 102: The Naked Now in 10 minutes! - YouTube, and then Wesley playing with long-range sensors in the episode "The Battle," Star Trek TNG 108: The Battle in 10 minutes! - YouTube

I should also have mentioned that Wesley is Gene Roddenberry's younger self inserted into these episodes.