User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    acknowledging that MBTI is wrong? where on earth was it ever (acknowledged that MBTI is wrong) written in that particular post i quoted??????

+
    star trek is not just a tv show, there are films too.
    Whatever medium it appears in, Star Trek is a complete work of fiction with a bullsh*t premise. That alone means that anyone who attempts a flamewar over it is only making himself the jackass.

The thing that keeps the franchise popular outside the Trekker cesspools is the engaging narrative focusing on the personal growth of the individual central characters, not the starship duels, laser shootouts, and technobabble. It's a show you can actually hold an intelligent philosophical discussion about, such as what we're doing in this thread. Here, we're discussing the central characters of The Next Generation, and how they place in the MBTI scale.

This discussion started with the OP's guesses, which they then admitted may have been incorrect. That was what I was referring to in my previous post, which I thought was made clear by the context of your post that I quoted.

Back to Worf, it is possible that he is ISFP, but tries to mask his Fe with his Klingon Ti. His insistence on wearing a Klingon baldric over his Starfleet uniform could be considered a visual interpretation of this.

As for Data, I prefer to type him as INTP, since he is very perfectionist about logic. Not so sure about after his emotions chip is install, since the subject was never given a lot of exploration. The novelty of having emotions overrode his obsession over logic in Generations, the chip was deactivated through most of First Contact, and both Insurrection and Nemesis pretty much ignored the chip's existence altogether.

Hi All! I do not have a lot of time but I did want to make one quick contribution to this thread. I am an INTP. I have always thought of Data as an INTP. I notice somebody on this thread made the very cogent point that INTP's would not tend to stick as rigidly to an ethical code the way DATA does with Starfleet regulations. That is actaully the first time someone has said something that in my mind REALLY challenges my INTP theory about Data. It is true that INTP's are not inclined toward following doctrine to the letter.
    My only counter to this argument is that while that point is indeed true, it is ALSO true that INTPs are VERY loyal. Data chose on his own to join Starfleet and he probably has an allegiance to it, and felt them worthy of his allegiance. But, there have been episodes where Data challenged regulations.
    INTP's are not doctrinaire, but they also are not rebels. They will follow the rules until they feel violated as Data did in the episode where that scientist wanted to take him apart to study him Data challenged Star Fleet code to prevent this. The debate in the trial was over whtether Data is or is not a sentient being..
    But I digress..
    I think the most dominant trait in Data that makes him appear to be INTP is his perennial desire to know and understand things. I know I am not like all my INTP brethren in terms of being argumentative and I know I am much more considerate of other people's feelings than the average INTP, but I know that the thing we(INTPs) all share is this quest for knowledge and understanding. We always want to keep expanding our picture of the world and making bigger and more detailed with more color etc...
    I see Data as sharing that thirst. Paritcularly in his quest to understand humans more so he can be more like them

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Wesley: INFP?
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    Wesley: INFP?
    Let's not tar the infp with that brush.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Anyone who displays emotion gets painted with the INFP brush. For heaven's sake, having emotions and displaying them are two different things. I saw in the fist post too that Keiko is supposedly an INFP? Because she can be whiny and histrionic I assume?

Please ...

Although, Wesley's search for self, his own path, is NF as well as his need to please others, to be perfect. He's a 9 wing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Okay... what type do you think he is then? Typing him INFP was just my opinion; I could also see ENFP.
    4w3 sx/sp? INFP, INFp

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
    Commander William Riker: ESTJ
    Geordi LaForge: ENTJ
    Data: INTP
    Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENFJ
    Wesley Crusher: ENTP
    Worf: ISFJ
    Counselor Deanna Troi: INFJ
    Miles O'Brien: ISTP
    Keiko O'Brien: ENFP
    Tasha Yar: ISTP
    Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
    Q: ENTP

----

hard to type tho, cause they are mostly fictional personalities
    This looks like a pretty good list.

Though I think Riker may be an ESTP, Wesley possibly an INFP (NP is a good fit though), and sometimes Miles O'brien seems F or J (IS is a good fit though).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical_Spaghetti View Post
    Okay... what type do you think he is then? Typing him INFP was just my opinion; I could also see ENFP.
    His type is wet blanket. Seriously though, I think he is too weak to be anything with certainty.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Let's not tar the infp with that brush.
    Lol. Although I do agree with you that his personality is too "weak" to type. It's almost as if he isn't there...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ESTJ
    Commander William Riker: ESTP
    Geordi LaForge: ISFP
    Data: INTJ
    Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENTJ
    Wesley Crusher: INTP
    Worf: ISTJ
    Counselor Deanna Troi: ENFJ
    Miles O'Brien: ESFJ
    Keiko O'Brien: INFP
    Tasha Yar: ISTP
    Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
    Q: ENTP

You be smokin' da crack!

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    I may be a little rusty on these, but I think Picard is an INFJ or INTJ, Data an INTP, Deanna an INFP or ENFP.

Q - ENTP looks right.
    ^ Wow, second post expresses exactly my thoughts, Q, I'm not too familiar with

Data, ummmmm INTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, considering he's an android, I could allow ISTP, even so, INTP.

Picard: INTJ, How you can possibly view him as an extrovert, and a Te dom, is RIDICULOUS!!!

Troi: INFP
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles