• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek: The Next Generation MBTI

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
bullshit. easy to type cus fictional characters are known to have unchanging personalities. Few very Few change.
Which is not the case in real people. real people change everytime they take a piss.

What you randomly enter a 4 letter code so that all the personality types are included????

Yea but thats the thing. Is an unchanging personality still a personality ?

Verfremdungseffekt

videodrones; questions
MBTI Type
INTp
Enneagram
5w4
Yar is such an ISTP, yes. She's the proto-Thrace. A stand-in Starbuck, until Starbuck grew some boobs.

R

Riva

Wow. You attacked them for taking a guess and acknowledging that they MIGHT be wrong. What are you getting mad about? It's a silly thread about a TV show. Nothing more.

:huh: acknowledging that MBTI is wrong? where on earth was it ever (acknowledged that MBTI is wrong) written in that particular post i quoted??????

+
star trek is not just a tv show, there are films too. :tongue:

R

Riva

I always thought ISTJ.

yes he does appear ISTJ.
but lets not forget his culture. he is a kligon. Kligon's (almost all of them) are ESTJs, ISTJs and a few ISTP.
they breed and encourage Te behaviour. And they look down on Fe and hide Fi as if it's a curse.

Worf is a ISFJ. he just has a hard time showing it because of his culture and beliefs. he most probably (actually does) believe and Fe (if you know what that means) is a weakness and Fi is a shame.

therefor he puts on a ISTJ mask. thats all. but his ISFJ surfaces from time to time and is hard to hide.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
yes he does appear ISTJ.
but lets not forget his culture. he is a kligon. Kligon's (almost all of them) are ESTJs, ISTJs and a few ISTP.
they breed and encourage Te behaviour. And they look down on Fe and hide Fi as if it's a curse.

Worf is a ISFJ. he just has a hard time showing it because of his culture and beliefs. he most probably (actually does) believe and Fe (if you know what that means) is a weakness and Fi is a shame.

therefor he puts on a ISTJ mask. thats all. but his ISFJ surfaces from time to time and is hard to hide.

They do, but I could do the same sort of deconstruction on Worf and claim he's ISFP because the Klingon code made him J.

hence, I'll stick with the obvious choice, which he seems to fit into pretty well, thanks. (Do you really think an ISFJ would have the emotional detach necessary to interact with other people on a violent level if need be all the time? No, they really prefer to avoid any sort of violence as much as possible... regardless of the culture.)

his ISFJ surfaces from time to time and is hard to hide.

Apparently it's not hard to hide at all, since most of the comments here seem pretty happy with ISTJ and don't see what you're claiming.

R

Riva

They do, but I could do the same sort of deconstruction on Worf and claim he's ISFP because the Klingon code made him J.

hence, I'll stick with the obvious choice, which he seems to fit into pretty well, thanks. (Do you really think an ISFJ would have the emotional detach necessary to interact with other people on a violent level if need be all the time? No, they really prefer to avoid any sort of violence as much as possible... regardless of the culture.)

I think so. i think anyone is capable of being violent if provoked or worse encouraged (ex - religions) including ISFJs.
Wasn't Hitler a INFJ???? (sorry don't want to change the thread topic, but that's one of the best ex i have)

Apparently it's not hard to hide at all, since most of the comments here seem pretty happy with ISTJ and don't see what you're claiming.

well on the surface he is a ISTJ, that is for sure.

Did you watch DS9 ( i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it).
In that he softens up a LOT, and appears more and more ISFJ.

Odo on the other hand was always a ISTJ even if he softened up (after the involvement Kira) his ISTJness was hard to miss.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think so. i think anyone is capable of being violent if provoked or worse encouraged (ex - religions) including ISFJs.
Wasn't Hitler a INFJ???? (sorry don't want to change the thread topic, but that's one of the best ex i have)

I don't agree that Hitler was INFJ.

well on the surface he is a ISTJ, that is for sure.

Did you watch DS9 ( i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it).
In that he softens up a LOT, and appears more and more ISFJ.

Odo on the other hand was always a ISTJ even if he softened up (after the involvement Kira) his ISTJness was hard to miss.

It's hard to type serial characters, just like it's hard to type some comic book characters -- there are different writers taking over the psychological development of a character, often drive by plot concerns rather than true psychological continuity, and so it's not like typing a typical human being. Claiming he was one way in one series and different elsewhere doesn't shed a lot of light on "main type," it just says what role he was playing on each series.

Novascientia

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
?
Wes is not INTP! Currssssseeee yoooooooooooou.....!

Data probably is an INTJ...I've always liked them better than I like myself.
(my dad's an INTJ...my favorite teacher's an INTJ...my grandfather's an INTJ...etc.)

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
:huh: acknowledging that MBTI is wrong? where on earth was it ever (acknowledged that MBTI is wrong) written in that particular post i quoted??????

+
star trek is not just a tv show, there are films too. :tongue:

Whatever medium it appears in, Star Trek is a complete work of fiction with a bullsh*t premise. That alone means that anyone who attempts a flamewar over it is only making himself the jackass.

The thing that keeps the franchise popular outside the Trekker cesspools is the engaging narrative focusing on the personal growth of the individual central characters, not the starship duels, laser shootouts, and technobabble. It's a show you can actually hold an intelligent philosophical discussion about, such as what we're doing in this thread. Here, we're discussing the central characters of The Next Generation, and how they place in the MBTI scale.

This discussion started with the OP's guesses, which they then admitted may have been incorrect. That was what I was referring to in my previous post, which I thought was made clear by the context of your post that I quoted.

Back to Worf, it is possible that he is ISFP, but tries to mask his Fe with his Klingon Ti. His insistence on wearing a Klingon baldric over his Starfleet uniform could be considered a visual interpretation of this.

As for Data, I prefer to type him as INTP, since he is very perfectionist about logic. Not so sure about after his emotions chip is install, since the subject was never given a lot of exploration. The novelty of having emotions overrode his obsession over logic in Generations, the chip was deactivated through most of First Contact, and both Insurrection and Nemesis pretty much ignored the chip's existence altogether.

briggstreknerd

Hi All! I do not have a lot of time but I did want to make one quick contribution to this thread. I am an INTP. I have always thought of Data as an INTP. I notice somebody on this thread made the very cogent point that INTP's would not tend to stick as rigidly to an ethical code the way DATA does with Starfleet regulations. That is actaully the first time someone has said something that in my mind REALLY challenges my INTP theory about Data. It is true that INTP's are not inclined toward following doctrine to the letter.
My only counter to this argument is that while that point is indeed true, it is ALSO true that INTPs are VERY loyal. Data chose on his own to join Starfleet and he probably has an allegiance to it, and felt them worthy of his allegiance. But, there have been episodes where Data challenged regulations.
INTP's are not doctrinaire, but they also are not rebels. They will follow the rules until they feel violated as Data did in the episode where that scientist wanted to take him apart to study him Data challenged Star Fleet code to prevent this. The debate in the trial was over whtether Data is or is not a sentient being..
But I digress..
I think the most dominant trait in Data that makes him appear to be INTP is his perennial desire to know and understand things. I know I am not like all my INTP brethren in terms of being argumentative and I know I am much more considerate of other people's feelings than the average INTP, but I know that the thing we(INTPs) all share is this quest for knowledge and understanding. We always want to keep expanding our picture of the world and making bigger and more detailed with more color etc...
I see Data as sharing that thirst. Paritcularly in his quest to understand humans more so he can be more like them

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Anyone who displays emotion gets painted with the INFP brush. For heaven's sake, having emotions and displaying them are two different things. I saw in the fist post too that Keiko is supposedly an INFP? Because she can be whiny and histrionic I assume?

Please ... :doh:

Although, Wesley's search for self, his own path, is NF as well as his need to please others, to be perfect. He's a 9 wing.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Okay... what type do you think he is then? Typing him INFP was just my opinion; I could also see ENFP.

ygolo

My termites win
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: INTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTJ
Geordi LaForge: ENTJ
Data: INTP
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENFJ
Wesley Crusher: ENTP
Worf: ISFJ
Counselor Deanna Troi: INFJ
Miles O'Brien: ISTP
Keiko O'Brien: ENFP
Tasha Yar: ISTP
Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
Q: ENTP

----

hard to type tho, cause they are mostly fictional personalities

This looks like a pretty good list.

Though I think Riker may be an ESTP, Wesley possibly an INFP (NP is a good fit though), and sometimes Miles O'brien seems F or J (IS is a good fit though).

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Captain Jean-Luc Picard: ESTJ
Commander William Riker: ESTP
Geordi LaForge: ISFP
Data: INTJ
Dr. Beverly Crusher: ENTJ
Wesley Crusher: INTP
Worf: ISTJ
Counselor Deanna Troi: ENFJ
Miles O'Brien: ESFJ
Keiko O'Brien: INFP
Tasha Yar: ISTP
Guinan (Whoopi Goldberg, the bartender): INFJ
Q: ENTP
:wtf:

You be smokin' da crack!

I may be a little rusty on these, but I think Picard is an INFJ or INTJ, Data an INTP, Deanna an INFP or ENFP.

Q - ENTP looks right.
^ Wow, second post expresses exactly my thoughts, Q, I'm not too familiar with

Data, ummmmm INTP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although, considering he's an android, I could allow ISTP, even so, INTP.

Picard: INTJ, How you can possibly view him as an extrovert, and a Te dom, is RIDICULOUS!!! :doh:

Troi: INFP