• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Joss Whedon's Dollhouse

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Summer Glau would be amazing as lead.

Did you notice that Eliza Dushku is credited as a Producer/Executive Producer of the show?

That means she took less than she normally would in compensation, likely because the show will be cancelled after this season. Or, she's sleeping with Whedon.

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
the second i saw eliza dushku had a major role in it, i decided i wouldn't waste a moment of my life on it.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That means she took less than she normally would in compensation, likely because the show will be cancelled after this season.

What do you mean? I thought the Producer credit was a way for them to slip her extra cash in addition to her acting credit. Is that wrong?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
the second i saw eliza dushku had a major role in it, i decided i wouldn't waste a moment of my life on it.

Indeed. I too will go eat at Joes
Joe's : Where everyone knows the name of a better show to watch after The Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
What is a better show to watch after the Sarah Connor Chronicles?

Also where is this Joe's and does everyone there hate Eliza Dushku as much as I do?

Can it be reached via NYC public transport?

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is a better show to watch after the Sarah Connor Chronicles?

Also where is this Joe's and does everyone there hate Eliza Dushku as much as I do?

Can it be reached via NYC public transport?

ask digestthissickness
she is the keeper of the light/has some really good weed:D

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think I missed the part about why most of you who don’t like Whedon and Eliza Dushku even watched Dollhouse in the first place.

And the Sarah Conner Chronicles is stale and generic television, contrived to suck in an audience from a popular movie series that already told the story. Reminds me of the Clone Wars travesty.

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
Oh the Sarah Connor Chronicles is shit. Summer Glau is such a good actress, though.

I love Whedon. I am a Fireflan to the core. I also loved both Buffy and Angel. Hell, I even think Titan A.E. was the shit!

Fox just has the amazing ability to turn sci-fi shows into total shit and Eliza Dushku cannot act. This is a fact. I never expected her performance in the show to be good, I just had more faith in Whedon's writing and production team. I figured it would make up for Eliza Dushku's existence. The pilot appears to have proven me wrong.

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh the Sarah Connor Chronicles is shit. Summer Glau is such a good actress, though.

Summer Glau is otherworldly and wasted in the Sarah Conner Chronicles.

Dushku was good as Faith though, I don’t care what anyone says. That was a convincing character, though maybe not the hardest to play.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think I missed the part about why most of you who don’t like Whedon and Eliza Dushku even watched Dollhouse in the first place.

I'm also a huge fan of Whedon. Buffy had one of maybe two moments in TV that brought a tear to my eye. Whedon also makes great episodes when they allow him to play a bit, such as "Hush", "Once More, With Feeling", and that crazy dream episode at the end of Season 4 Buffy. I loved "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog".

I also loved Dushku as Faith, and I would have totally gone for a Faith spin-off. However, she hasn't shown much range beyond that.

From what I'm hearing, the second episode is MUCH better, three and four aren't as good but still better than the first, and by the end of their allowance the episodes start getting very crazy as Whedon probably realized that the show is most likely going to be canceled. Guess we'll see about that second episode tonight...

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I also loved Dushku as Faith, and I would have totally gone for a Faith spin-off. However, she hasn't shown much range beyond that.

I’d give anything in the world to lick the mud off of Faith’s boots—the world itself if it were mine to give. She’s all I ever wanted. Lord, give me Faith.

Last edited:

Tiny Army

MBTI Type
EN?P
Enneagram
So the second episode was better! It's just shot terribly, awfully acted and the writing is still a little simplistic. But it finally crossed over into the cool sci fi idea zone. This could be getting better!

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, I liked the second ep. more than the pilot. I wonder how the original pilot looked.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*Shrug* I thought the flashbacks were clumsily put into the episode. And the main plot was like a bad horror movie. Still interesting, but not particularly more than the pilot or anything.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I definitely thought that the second episode was much better. I also really dug on how the handler and Echo bonded, only to have it all erased at the end of the episode. That emotional give and take is definitely classic Whedon.

I thought Eliza did fine in this one. As long as she plays mostly extroverted, adventurous characters, it's okay. The pacing and plot were good enough that I didn't notice the quality of the writing.

I think my problem with the series is that it's too much of a crime procedural show. I can never get into those, and this one may prove the same.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As I wrote at INTPc, there was one great line last episode:

When asked if she knows how to handle a gun, Echo responds, "Four brothers, none of them Democrats."

mysterio

MBTI Type
ENTP
You’ve gotta wonder what some of Whedon’s dates have been like. That’s what I’d like to see: a “reality” series about Whedon’s actual dating experiences, without the metaphors.

Last edited: