First 234

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by mysterio View Post
    I think I missed the part about why most of you who don’t like Whedon and Eliza Dushku even watched Dollhouse in the first place.
    I'm also a huge fan of Whedon. Buffy had one of maybe two moments in TV that brought a tear to my eye. Whedon also makes great episodes when they allow him to play a bit, such as "Hush", "Once More, With Feeling", and that crazy dream episode at the end of Season 4 Buffy. I loved "Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog".

I also loved Dushku as Faith, and I would have totally gone for a Faith spin-off. However, she hasn't shown much range beyond that.

From what I'm hearing, the second episode is MUCH better, three and four aren't as good but still better than the first, and by the end of their allowance the episodes start getting very crazy as Whedon probably realized that the show is most likely going to be canceled. Guess we'll see about that second episode tonight...

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I also loved Dushku as Faith, and I would have totally gone for a Faith spin-off. However, she hasn't shown much range beyond that.
    I’d give anything in the world to lick the mud off of Faith’s boots—the world itself if it were mine to give. She’s all I ever wanted. Lord, give me Faith.
    Last edited by mysterio; 02-27-2009 at 03:33 AM.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

So the second episode was better! It's just shot terribly, awfully acted and the writing is still a little simplistic. But it finally crossed over into the cool sci fi idea zone. This could be getting better!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Yeah, I liked the second ep. more than the pilot. I wonder how the original pilot looked.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

*Shrug* I thought the flashbacks were clumsily put into the episode. And the main plot was like a bad horror movie. Still interesting, but not particularly more than the pilot or anything.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I definitely thought that the second episode was much better. I also really dug on how the handler and Echo bonded, only to have it all erased at the end of the episode. That emotional give and take is definitely classic Whedon.

I thought Eliza did fine in this one. As long as she plays mostly extroverted, adventurous characters, it's okay. The pacing and plot were good enough that I didn't notice the quality of the writing.

I think my problem with the series is that it's too much of a crime procedural show. I can never get into those, and this one may prove the same.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

As I wrote at INTPc, there was one great line last episode:

When asked if she knows how to handle a gun, Echo responds, "Four brothers, none of them Democrats."

MBTI
    ENTP

You’ve gotta wonder what some of Whedon’s dates have been like. That’s what I’d like to see: a “reality” series about Whedon’s actual dating experiences, without the metaphors.
    Last edited by mysterio; 02-27-2009 at 03:36 AM.
    i believe that i am in hell, therefore i am there.
    –arthur rimbaud