• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Joaquin Phoenix on David Letterman

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
With some searching I'm sure you can find a youtube or whatever of his appearance on Letterman (lots of them are being pulled down for copyright issues) the other night. He was apparently very stoned/high on something. Pretty sad really... There were some hilarious zings made by Letterman throughout his portion.

Who saw it?

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
I have a suspicion that it was staged, they looked very friendly just moments after the interview finished.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I heard about this at work, but forgotted about it. Gonna watch now.

wolfy

awsm
Looks like it was staged to me too. Not like that old interview with Christian Glover.
Even if he was wasted. Everybody looked like they were having a good time. And at the end of the day that's all that matters.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Staged, for whatever reason... chance or Conan moving to LA.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I guess Joaquin has started to film a documentary about his burgeoning rap career. Letterman could have just been a part of that.

But if he was on drugs, I don't think it would be alcohol. He reminded me of people nodding out on opiates.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i saw it and he's a damn good actor so, i can't say for sure but why would they stage it?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i can kick! haha crispin is NUTS!

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
i saw it and he's a damn good actor so, i can't say for sure but why would they stage it?

I can only guess that the movie he's making about his rap career is suppose to be a practical joke or mockdocumentary, and that the appearance on Letterman was just part of it.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
seems out of character to me...and it seemed real...how strange.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I wonder if he's ever gotten over witnessing the death of his brother.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
Being familiar with them, it's possible he's in the middle of a panic attack due to social anxiety. I don't know, I just wonder if he is literally attempting to cover himself up. He may have developed a social phobia. Who knows. I feel for the guy. I don't like how the audience is laughing at him like he's the freak at a freak show.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
that's the thing for me too because i do think i've heard him say before that he never watched his films felt uncomfortable with celebrity and i think he was able to kind of blend in a whole lot more before walk the line...i think it made him into more of a public figure then he liked and he changed his appearance to get away from all of that....but "rap career" wtf??

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I don't know what to think of the actual interview. The clip I watched the other night was from a news broadcast and what I found disturbing was the reaction of the news crew who fell all over themselves mocking Joaquin. It was ugly.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
If that's what he wants to do then who are we to stop him? He might need to get it out of his system. Maybe he has some cathartic purging he needs to do. He's got plenty of money; he can do whatever the hell he likes. I predict he'll go back to acting eventually. These public "retirements" by celebrities ought to be taken with a grain of salt.

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
I thought the interview was halarious and definitely a put on. I think his rapper persona is also an inside joke and he's just f'n with everyone to see how far he can take it. Of course the media will cover it and the public will debate what's going on with him. I say it's ALL a joke. You'll see... :devil:

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
MSN Home page quotes him today as saying "My life is my [expletive] life!" How old is this guy anyway? Shouldn't he have gone through that stage at about thirteen?