User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ones do you play?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pen n' Paper RPGs

19 43.18%
  • Miniature games

5 11.36%
  • Video Game RPGs

36 81.82%
  • Live Action Role-Playing (LARP)

6 13.64%
  • None, I'm not a freak!

3 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Thread: RPGs, anyone?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default RPGs, anyone?

Just wanted to hear if there are any fellow role-players around here. I'd think there might be quite a few us here.

EDIT: It's a MULTI-CHOICE!
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Are we talking about the vidya, or tabletop?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I miss playing D&D with my family. We always talk about getting it going again.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I've been role-playing almost 20 years now. And I'm just 24 years old.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INXP

I play D&D 4th edition once a week. About 6 of us play the pen and paper game - I'm the DM at present. We play by conference voice call chatting over Skype (and some free internet tools to simulate dice rolls etc).

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I used to love video game RPGs. (Nice Baldur's Gate 2 avatar, by the way.) However, I finally got to the point where I couldn't afford spending 50+ hours on a video game, so I had to stop playing them.

Love console and PC RPGs, but I indulge rarely because I know how nutso I can get.

I'm an ex-MMORPGer. (EverQuest and World of Warcraft)

Never tried any other varieties.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I play D&D when there's no EON RPG groups available (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eon_(role-playing_game)

What kinds of players are you? Power gamers? Character builders? The silent, boring and unimaginative player?

I for one learn all I can about the system and exploit whatever weaknesses I can find.
    In the EON game, for an instance... The game is the most realistic fantasy RPG out there, when it comes to fighting. Love it. A peasant can actually defeat a knight in full armor if he's smart enough... Usually, peasants aren't... But there's a possibility! Not like those mindless level-based games. A player in EON can actually build just about anything(within reason), if he's got the skills for it. I tend to outsmart our INTJ DM. I don't fall for his attempts to kill our group, I pick my fights carefully. Usually I pick a character that isn't entirely fighting-based. My chars are often more diplomatic and inventive. Kind of like a spy. It's a highly social game with skills in everything from seduction to dancing to persuading and interrogating. Love it.

I like Dungeons & Dragons, too... The new version is kind of nice... I especially like the new class "warlord".

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I play D&D when there's no EON RPG groups available (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eon_(role-playing_game)

What kinds of players are you? Power gamers? Character builders? The silent, boring and unimaginative player?

I for one learn all I can about the system and exploit whatever weaknesses I can find.
    In the EON game, for an instance... The game is the most realistic fantasy RPG out there, when it comes to fighting. Love it. A peasant can actually defeat a knight in full armor if he's smart enough... Usually, peasants aren't... But there's a possibility! Not like those mindless level-based games. A player in EON can actually build just about anything(within reason), if he's got the skills for it. I tend to outsmart our INTJ DM. I don't fall for his attempts to kill our group, I pick my fights carefully. Usually I pick a character that isn't entirely fighting-based. My chars are often more diplomatic and inventive. Kind of like a spy. It's a highly social game with skills in everything from seduction to dancing to persuading and interrogating. Love it.

I like Dungeons & Dragons, too... The new version is kind of nice... I especially like the new class "warlord".
    Yes, I was recently playing a warlord.. just a couple of weeks for fun in a connecting adventure before I took over as DM.

I play all kinds of characters.. I'm a not a powergamer, but I like to find a viable build with something interesting. Really, I like exploring, pulling off cool stunts and being the centre of combat attention.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Yes, I was recently playing a warlord.. just a couple of weeks for fun in a connecting adventure before I took over as DM.

I play all kinds of characters.. I'm a not a powergamer, but I like to find a viable build with something interesting. Really, I like exploring, pulling off cool stunts and being the centre of combat attention.
    That sounds nice. I'm not really annoyingly much like a traditional whiny power-gamer according to either of my DM's, I just tend to make a lot with what I have. I'm a lot into the exploration thing, too. And character development. I always interact a lot socially and build up huge amounts of background story for my chars. Less so in D&D, though... I find that game OK but it's just "sustenance" compared to EON

Warlord IS very nice, though... My former favorites are Fighter => Weaponmaster (greatsword) and any kind of multiclass Warpriest. People tend to protect/heal you if you're either the "tank" or some kind of fat-ass-giver-of-buffs.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come