User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which ones do you play?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pen n' Paper RPGs

19 43.18%
  • Miniature games

5 11.36%
  • Video Game RPGs

36 81.82%
  • Live Action Role-Playing (LARP)

6 13.64%
  • None, I'm not a freak!

3 6.82%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 234

Thread: RPGs, anyone?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I play World of Warcraft once in a while... does that count?
    Oh, and by the way.. I used to play this a lot few years ago. I even was in the beta! I quit just before the Burning Crusade came.

My favorite way of playing was definitely Role-Playing. I had this all-logical no-emotion (now how fitting is that for an ISTJ? :P) Undead Warlock, who sought to bring unity to the Forsaken people. He was no evil, nor good. And not an emo! He existed to serve the people. I wrote numerous pages of background story and quests/happenings for my friends.

I even had a guild, and not just any guild but the largest (and the only for a few weeks) Forsaken-only guild on the server (Defias Brotherhood). Oh, how wonderful it was leading a guild with ~100 role-playing Undead characters.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I play video game RPGs. I'm a big Diablo 2 fan.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Oh man I remember squandering an entire summer on Diablo II. And a few weeks on Baldur's Gate. lol

Memories...
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Sniffles

I never heard of the RPG-29. Fallen behind on my weapons analysis lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    How did I know you were going to pull this quote up? Do you think it negates "turn the other cheek" or just contradicts it?
    Ever heard of something called a paradox? In any case, it certainly negates your pacifist interpretation of "turn the other cheek", that along with other references within the NT. Need we forget that the first Roman convert is a commander in the army, and the main issue about him is not his profession but whether or not he needs to submit to Jewish customs like circumsicion. In Ephesians 6:10-13, St. Paul uses numerous martial idioms to describe the struggles Christians face in living their faith.

Paul also notes that God ordained the state to wield the sword, and on a related note calls upon Christians to be loyal citizens of the Roman Empire. In Roman society, military service and citizenship were closely connected. To many, the only road to citizenship was service as an auxiliary in the army.

Now there certainly were issues among early Christians about serving in the army. Namely that serving in the army often meant having to pay homage to pagan deities and because the army was often used by the state to persecute Christians.

Overall Christ is telling people not to take the law into their own hands.

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm just getting back into RPGs after not playing them for a few years.
    Under Construction

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Pen-and-paper is, I find, best suited for strong characterization and player interaction with a minimum of active rules; especially for a mixed group. I would commit all the number-crunching to a computer, turning to World of Warcraft for something more structurally complex.

MBTI
    INFP

Yeah

Currently playing a 4th edition campaign as a charisma based dwarven warlord. I must say the amount of utility my character brings to our group astounds even the DM. I've never particularly liked being a pure 'pew-pew' class nor being a pure healing class, but the warlord caters to me quite nicely with a little bit of everything.

Of the video game flavour:

Completed and loved
    Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal
    Planescape: Torment
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
    Fallout I & II
    Deus Ex
    S.t.a.l.k.e.r.: Shadows of Chernobyl
    Chrono Trigger
    Earthbound
    Final Fantasy VI
    Secret of Mana

Need to play

Fallout III
    The Witcher
    System Shock 2
    Knights of the Old Republic

Mmorpgs
    Everquest I & II
    Lord of the Rings: Online (actively playing)
    Dark Age of Camelot
    Age of Conan
    Warhammer
    World of Warcraft
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Yeah

Currently playing a 4th edition campaign as a charisma based dwarven warlord. I must say the amount of utility my character brings to our group astounds even the DM. I've never particularly liked being a pure 'pew-pew' class nor being a pure healing class, but the warlord caters to me quite nicely with a little bit of everything.

Of the video game flavour:

Completed and loved
    Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal
    Planescape: Torment
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines
    Fallout I & II
    Deus Ex
    S.t.a.l.k.e.r.: Shadows of Chernobyl
    Chrono Trigger
    Earthbound
    Final Fantasy VI
    Secret of Mana

Need to play

Fallout III
    The Witcher
    System Shock 2
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Oh yes, warlords are a lot of fun. I was playing a rather bossy Eladrin princeling in such a style. Using fey step to teleport behind the monsters, and a reach longspear. The characterisation and way you can allow the others to get combat advantage - while still being a secondary inspiring healer - is a lot of fun to play.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Oh yes, warlords are a lot of fun. I was playing a rather bossy Eladrin princeling in such a style. Using fey step to teleport behind the monsters, and a reach longspear. The characterisation and way you can allow the others to get combat advantage - while still being a secondary inspiring healer - is a lot of fun to play.
    Ha! I just realized last game that given my inclination to hang back a little bit, I may as well have a weapon capable of reach. The group loves the inherit +2 initiative bonus, inspiring presence and word for starters. At times I feel as if I'm playing a turn-based strategy game (especially using a grid board for combat), telling people to attack an enemy or use a healing surge. It's a rush!
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.