User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    One thing I noticed about Federer today, his focus when the matches go long definitely wanes a bit. He misses shots, gets caught in bad spots. I wonder if it's physical or mental. In all of these matches between them, Nadal hits big shot after big shot going into the later rounds. He always has just a little something left, whether it's mental or physical.

They're a joy to watch. Federer, with his mechanical precision and lethality, to Nadal's pure power and athleticism, they're awesome to watch.
    +1

I actually really enjoy the technical aspect of Federer's game. I always look out for those athletes who truly consider that aspect. Make no doubt about it Federer is an athlete, body control is superb.

Nadal... he's just a freak. I was just thinking about how athletic he is and how jealous I was. He's just one of those people you stand in awe of.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    One thing I noticed about Federer today, his focus when the matches go long definitely wanes a bit. He misses shots, gets caught in bad spots. I wonder if it's physical or mental. In all of these matches between them, Nadal hits big shot after big shot going into the later rounds. He always has just a little something left, whether it's mental or physical.

They're a joy to watch. Federer, with his mechanical precision and lethality, to Nadal's pure power and athleticism, they're awesome to watch.
    I think it was mental. Federer gave up at 1-1, in the fifth. He should have won in 4, but couldn't convert a break point in the third set to save his life.

Nadal is a most intimidating opponent.

MBTI
    ENFP

Ooh - they're replaying the match on ESPN2 right now.

And yeah, I love the contrast in styles between these two guys. Nadal is just relentless. It must be intimidating as hell playing him knowing he's going to run down every ball for 4+ hours.
    "I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." Ś Frederick Douglass

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    Ooh - they're replaying the match on ESPN2 right now.

And yeah, I love the contrast in styles between these two guys. Nadal is just relentless. It must be intimidating as hell playing him knowing he's going to run down every ball for 4+ hours.
    Federer had the pressure of achieving a record too.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by scattershot View Post
    Best individual rivalry in the history of sports.
    I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but based on this statement I can only assume you've never heard of Muhammad Ali and Joe Frazier.
    "We grow up thinking that´╗┐ beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are´╗┐ easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of´╗┐ a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTP

I think the scope was much more recent. I'm assuming history wasn't meant so literally and with that much intent.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    iNtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

edit!

The majority of my tennis team was betting on Federer... too bad. I personally prefer him, but thought Nadal would pull through in the end. Would Federer have tied or beat Sampras' record?
    [B]Ti=Ne>Ni>Fe>Te=Fi>Si>Se

LII

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Quote Originally Posted by laintpe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nocap
    Ideally I'll be the woman

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by laintpe View Post
    My majority of my tennis team was betting on Federer... too bad. I personally prefer him, but thought Nadal would pull through in the end. Would Federer have tied or beat Sampras' record?
    Pretty sure he was going to tie. His style of play will last him a while. It isn't particularly as grueling on the body as say, Nadal's is. I think he'll break it. I'm really anticipating the next Wimbledon.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I missed the match (boo!) but I am SOOO looking forward to Wimbledone this year as well. Those eccentric British crowds are going to have all their hopes pinned on Mr Bad Temper from Scotland, Andy Murray. Should be entertaining as hell. Plus Wimbledon is my favourite Grand Slam.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

He would've tied the record for Pete. He tied the record for reaching 18 grand slam finals with Pete.
    Definite mental breakdown. wayyy too many double faults in the 5th. incredibly high amount of unforced errors. did you guys see the record for the career 5th set wins, nadal vs federer? lol federer was almost 1:1 in win:lose and nadal had a really good 5th set record. he's so fit. Nadal vs Verdasco shows it all. I was rooting for Federer but he's got a lot of mental obstacles he needs to overcome. I seriously almost shed a few tears looking at Federer's face after Wimbledon this last year. I hope he comes back and wins a couple of the grand slams this year..wimbledon and us open would be nice.