User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP

Default Show your love for Canada's saddest Jew!

Yes, this thread is where you can show your appreciation for Leonard Cohen, who's touring Australia RIGHT NOW. Devastatingly, I'm unable to attend any of his concerts.

The first time I heard a Leonard Cohen song, I was returning from a shopping trip for the missionary organization I was working for (INFP). It was a miserable winter day, and I was cold and damp. As I pulled up to the base, the classical radio station I was listening to fell into a portentous silence from which usually emerged some whiny score featuring too many violins. Instead, the silence was dignified rather than dispersed by the slow, clear and melancholy notes of "Famous Blue Raincoat". I knew immediately my life was changing. I pulled over and stopped the car, even though I had somewhere else I thought I had to be. I didn't know what the song was. I didn't know who it was by. I didn't know where I was. I didn't think it could stay as good, as pure, as tainted, as true. I didn't think I could stand to hear it end. I sat and listened while the rain on the car grew heavier, cocooning me in gentle darkness and privacy. Cocooning me with the most beautiful song I'd ever heard. It stayed as good, as pure, as tainted, as true. I sat there long enough to find out the names of the singer and song, and then resumed living with the fresh conviction that I'd never lived at all.

Tell me your Leonard stories!

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Cohen's fine in his way. The insistent melancholy gets a little tiresome after a while, as though he doesn't have a plan B; but he has pretty intelligent and well thought out lyrics for the most part (doesn't surprise me that he was known for his poems before he became a singer), and a decent voice. I wouldn't want to listen to him constantly though, as it can becme a bit mind-numbing after a while. But he definitely has his place...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTJ

But he definitely has his place...
    Good lord!
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Good lord!
    Now what exactly are you saying?
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...