• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The memoirs of Donald Black - Jesus attempt at some kind of book.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have had this idea brewing in my head for some time.
The games I have played, the books I have read, the crazy people I meet in real life and on here... It has inspired me somehow. I have started writing about some kind of steampunk world. It is about a former cutthroat, killer and political terrorist called Donald Black. I am writing in first-person perspective, present time, portraying the thoughts and actions of the protagonist as things are unfolding. The man in question is probably going to be something along the lines of an intelligent, cruel and manipulative INTJ with an overactive imagination; yet a sense for detail that isn't normally found in an INTJ.
A strategic planner and perfectionist. A very, very dangerous person.

I would love a few suggestions about what people wants to see in this story.
The suggestions that I will adopt will grant the person who came up with the thought a place in the list of people that I couldn't have done this without, if this is ever published.

Here is the short introduction to the story:

attachment.php

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am still not sure if I should write this in english or swedish. Swedish would obviously be easier, since my english isn't nearly as good.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
...something along the lines of an intelligent, cruel and manipulative INTJ with an overactive imagination...

There's INTJs like that?! Tarnation.

Is your guy successful or frustrated? INTJ weak point being Se, does your guy have a nemesis, someone who pwns him at getting stuff done, but loves him all the same. (*cough*ENXJ*cough*)

In any case, if it's an INTJ, the story'll need colourful minions. Either people as chess pieces or lovely people he dupes. And he'll probably have a lot of trouble with them.

But I like you're introduction!

Is it to be black humour or straight up political horror?

In any case, maybe DB has to kill someone at an early age.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like your ideas. Maybe it would be a good idea for him to have some kind of organization behind him? Tech dude? All evil people need inventors to make cool gadgets for them...

It is going to be humorous when it is intended to be, mostly as some kind of contrast. I won't try to be funny all the time, though. The thought is also to squeeze in a lot of symbolism in it, things like biblical references, numbers of religious significance, democracy versus totalitarianism and such. He will also be quite the cynic.

This particular INTJ is a definite psychopath, and pretty much needs to kill people. It might very well be so that he killed someone at age fourteen or earlier. The whole ritualistic deal will be cut down to a minimum though, since it is not very practical at all.
There will be so much killing, raping, torture, stealing and other heinous crimes in this piece of shit book that it can't even be X-rated. It should create a new class. DB-rated.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
He may start as a pure young lad. Since he's INTJ, he'll need some incident where we learns how to project power. Left to himself, he won't know.

A duel.

He, a foolish young lad, provokes, or is provoked into, a duel to defend the honour of some slatternly yet fickle lass dressed in leather. DB isn't into it so much but some further affront happens--something in an instant, and suddenly he is dueling with intent. And he wins!

I suggest he not win by skill. I suggest it be fast and ugly and he wins by accident.

And of course it should come back to him years later in some way.

Is he going to be justified in his psychopathology? Is he a psychopath just because he is (and the world around him is normal), or because something pushed him that way (and the world around him is royally, violently savage)?

Traditionally, the way to make a horrible central character likeable to the reader is to make your guy afraid of something important but to also face it in some way.

You may not believe this, but you'd better take a look at the TV show, Xena: Warrior Princess. Particularly if you can, find some Callisto episodes. Callisto, aka Psycho Barbie, is not usually typed as INTJ, but a lot of the cranky, crazy stuff she does is very definitely what frustrated Fi-Se wants to look like if it could be pushed that far over the edge and just let go. (Xena, by the way, is often typed ENTJ.)

The thing is, an INTJ with violent passions will also be a tormented INTJ. He'll hate being that way.

EDIT: some hours later and I'm still wondering about Callisto... was she frustrated Fi and not Fe, and she was pretty active so not so frustrated Se... except that Xena would always win the day... ah, whatever, let's just say I always thought Callisto was genuinely hot.