User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ragashree View Post
    Actually, that sounds quite appropriate treatment for Thomas...
    You really don't like Dylan, huh?

I'd go for ENFP for Shakespeare, by the way, though he is usually given as an example of an INFP. But just because something is the general assumption doesn't make it beyond question, at least not for me! If you're interested i could elaborate some time, here or elsewhere!
    There is a thread on Shakey's type - elaborate, do!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    You really don't like Dylan, huh?

There is a thread on Shakey's type - elaborate, do!
    I only meant that he liked to take some rather extreme liberties with grammar and, to be quite honest, sometimes ended up making no sense in conseqence This could be a good thing or a bad thing depending on the poem though. In Fern Hill, for example, he got away with it as the poem appeared to have meaning which was given extra layers and evocative shadings by the treatment. The ones which didn't seem to mean that much at all (except maybe something so subjective that no-one but Thomas is ever likely to have understood them properly to begin with) seem more to have been obscured even further by having their grammar disintegrated. He wrote an awful lot of these, none of them very memorable, so I can't be bothered to research an example as I don't have a Thomas anthology handy

Oh, could you direct me to the Shakespeare thread? I imagined there would be one, but I didn't see one when I looked and didn't want to have to search the whole list right through. I may find something semi-intelligible to say on the subject if it hasn't been said already by someone...
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

"The Panther" by Rilke is one of my favorites. Kind of dark material, but it really speaks to the way I feel most of the time.

Also, "Women and Roses" by Robert Browning. His love for his wife was so amazing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Oh, could you direct me to the Shakespeare thread? I imagined there would be one, but I didn't see one when I looked and didn't want to have to search the whole list right through. I may find something semi-intelligible to say on the subject if it hasn't been said already by someone...
    Here you go.
    Popped my forum cherry in that thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

^ Wow, what a fluffy thread. I think Ol' Will deserves better, really. Let's see if I can come up with a suitably heavyweight argument to squash that frivolity once and for all!

*Looks deeply into avatar for a while, hoping to find inspiration, or at least hypnotise self into thinking has found inspiration*
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENFP

Oooh, I just read that Rilke poem. It's really excellent. I'm interested in how a sight dies in his heart. What does that imply for a caged will? At the center of a great will is abyss/nonexistence, or just some great destructive force, like hatred or rage? But then, I don't even know what the metaphor of sight is in Rilke. Is it, like in Whitman, a trope for poetic insight, or does it mean something wholly unrelated. Either way, it's properly discomfiting.