User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many actual fights have you been in?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • None at all. No real ones, anyway.

27 35.53%
  • 1-5

24 31.58%
  • 6-10

8 10.53%
  • 11-15

5 6.58%
  • 15+

7 9.21%
  • I'm fighting right nOW

5 6.58%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Question How many fights have you been in?

I was rewatching Fight Club recently and it occurred to me that I haven't posted this particular poll on Tc. So how many fights have you been in to date? By "fights" I mean real ones, with actual physical violence done. Heated verbal exchanges do not count. I tried this poll on INTPc and naturally discovered that INTPs as a type do not favour pugilism of any kind.

MBTI
    INTP

What's the age range for these fights?

Or at least the minimum. Does play fighting count? with boxing gloves, or trade a punch?
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I participated in one serious fight. In fact I'm thinking about doing a thread wherein I talk about it and then raise some questions. Maybe soon.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    What's the age range for these fights?

Or at least the minimum. Does play fighting count? with boxing gloves, or trade a punch?
    Age doesn't matter. Play fighting doesn't count. What counts is when there is genuine intent to physically harm on both sides. Boxing (in a ring) is a grey area imo. Let's not count it for the purposes of this poll. Ditto with supervised, organized martial-arts of any kind.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I've been in... 8 legit ones. Haven't been in one for a while though, most where in high school, only 2 in college, and 1 of those I was on break.

Most injured I've gotten were some bruised ribs. Most damage dealt was probably a broken jaw and loss of consciousness. Got a kid square in face with a roundhouse when a ton of us were brawling because some douche threw a glass bottle at us when we were playing soccer.

I did Tae Kwon Do for a while and was pretty decent.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Seriously, the internet is the last place people should be bragging about how many fights they've been in, unless they have a video.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Seriously, the internet is the last place people should be bragging about how many fights they've been in, unless they have a video.
    I'm not interested in bragging. I'm just fascinated by the fact that so many people these days have made it through their lives without getting in any fights, and I want to get a feel for how common that is. I realize the internet is likely to attract people who aren't especially physical, but still... Worth a try.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I'm not interested in bragging. I'm just fascinated by the fact that so many people these days have made it through their lives without getting in any fights, and I want to get a feel for how common that is. I realize the internet is likely to attract people who aren't especially physical, but still... Worth a try.
    This is very true. There seems to be a lot less physical confrontation these days. I was having a problem with a bully at elementary school once, and my dad just said "You have to take care of it. Stand up to him. When I was a kid, some boy was pissing me off and I threw him against a wall. Never bothered me again." So I did. Problem solved. There's so much repression and fear of lawsuit and all this crazy business now.

I hadn't had one since I was 15 years old until just last weekend. I was shocked to find myself in one at my age, but there you go.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I hadn't had one since I was 15 years old until just last weekend. I was shocked to find myself in one at my age, but there you go.
    Details please.