User Tag List

View Poll Results: How many actual fights have you been in?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • None at all. No real ones, anyway.

27 35.53%
  • 1-5

24 31.58%
  • 6-10

8 10.53%
  • 11-15

5 6.58%
  • 15+

7 9.21%
  • I'm fighting right nOW

5 6.58%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    I've been in several, which is paradoxical because I really hate the idea of people hitting each other. But, one must defend oneself.
    Same here, I couldn't put a number on the amount, especially before my twenties.

I hate fighting, but I will fight if I have no choice. I remember my first fight, I didn't fight back and went home to tell my dad that some boy had hit me at school, he replied "tomorrow you are going to go back and hit him, and you are going to win, if you don't I will beat you when you get home".

If I ever lost a fight as a child my father would beat me himself and send me back to carry it on, so I got into alot of fights, until I grew bigger, then mostly everyone was too afraid to fight me because I hit 5'9" by the age of 13 whilst they were all (boys included lol) still a whole lot shorter than me.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

I fought with myself...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

None, really. A few times I've gotten really fed up with my friends and it came to "violence," but they're my friends. I would never really hurt them.

But violence with enemies or strangers has never happened--almost once when I was 7 years old, but no, that stopped right before it got physical.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Same here, I couldn't put a number on the amount, especially before my twenties.

I hate fighting, but I will fight if I have no choice. I remember my first fight, I didn't fight back and went home to tell my dad that some boy had hit me at school, he replied "tomorrow you are going to go back and hit him, and you are going to win, if you don't I will beat you when you get home".

If I ever lost a fight as a child my father would beat me himself and send me back to carry it on, so I got into alot of fights, until I grew bigger, then mostly everyone was too afraid to fight me because I hit 5'9" by the age of 13 whilst they were all (boys included lol) still a whole lot shorter than me.
    Wow, talk about tough love Did he really want a son or something? It's one way of making sure you deal effectively with the situation if someone's harassing you, I suppose, but it does make me wonder if it's one of those cases where the cure is actually worse than the disease... Still, even this is better than the idiotic and oft repeated eadvice to ignore bullies to make them go away. No, they don't, it just encourages them to do something worse that you WILL react to.

I have studiously avoided getting into anything of the sort since I was a kid (and not too often then). When dealing with adults there is usually a way out before it gets to that stage, tempting though it is to punch the odd idiot sometimes (I will admit), and agressively though certain people like to posture. There is usually another way. Assertiveness rather than aggression is the key, especially if someone is liable to attack you. If you're neither backing down (and making an easier target of yourself in the process) nor giving them an excuse to get physical by being too threatening yourself, it's pretty rare for someone to want to take that next step.

I have definitely headed off several difficult situations with people who were behaving in quite an out of control and dangerous manner recently by taking that approach. I do think my experience in working with the (dangerously) mentally ill in the past may have helped me in such situations (actually, one or two of them were while I was working with them, as I only stopped doing so recently).
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Damn, dude... Gotta love the people out there ready to fight at the drop of a dime, or really even less in your case.

Sniffles

Something around 8 serious fights, mostly in middle and high school. Only one serious fight after that time, when an acquaintance of mine got severely drunk and started shit with me and one friend. Most of the time, people are weary of starting shit with me, especially since I'm a rather big guy.

Other than that, I've engaged in endless fights and brawls with friends and whatnot.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Other than that, I've engaged in endless fights and brawls with friends and whatnot.
    Peguy, I don't think you and I shall ever be friends
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

None since 14-ish... since the 'gay' bullying days.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I never get into fights, I am a sniper
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

LMAO @ 'I'm fighting right now'.