User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Persona 4

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Default Persona 4

This game is gonna rule my life. Anyone else here played it? If so, what do you think your shadow would say to you? What would your Persona be? I find it oddly related to the ideas we discuss on these forums a lot..
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I think I tried Persona 2 a while ago, but it didn't do much for me. However the reviews say that Persona 3 and 4 are better, so I might try them out again.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ISFJ

I heard so much good things about the Shin Megami Tensei games and Persona I gave Persona 3 a try. I was so disappointed....

Now, I'm a fan of all game genres but this kind of JRPG dungeon crawling is getting so old. There is next to no gameplay variety and the story and context failed to grab me.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I think I tried Persona 2 a while ago, but it didn't do much for me. However the reviews say that Persona 3 and 4 are better, so I might try them out again.
    Heathen! Persona 2 is one of my all-time favorites-I was massively pissed off when I discovered that they never released the original Perona 2 in the states (especially after leaving out half of the original game), I swear whoever decides these things hates Yuki, that awsome, blue-haired lady of razers...

Sorry, I couldn't resist indulging in some nerd-rage,there If I remember correctly, the game starts out fairly slow, and the unique play mechnics have a bit of a learning curve. If you find that you enjoy the sequels, I would highly reccomend that you give Persona 2 another chance.

That said, I have to admit I haven't even played my copy of Persona 3 FES yet (assuming its at least as deep as Persona 2, I haven't been able to schedule such a time-commitment-these aren't the type of rpg's one can easily put down for a week or two while real-life gets in the way), much less Persona 4. I hope to do so shortly.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    This game is gonna rule my life. Anyone else here played it? If so, what do you think your shadow would say to you? What would your Persona be? I find it oddly related to the ideas we discuss on these forums a lot..
    Hmm, does the Xenogears now have competition in the video-game cult department? Seriously, I'm glad the Persona series seems to be making an impact on you, I've been a fan for about a decade and for several years I worried that I would never see another Persona game in the States.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

My little magazine reviewed the game and gave it high marks. Unfamiliar with the series, I find myself quite drawn to this sort of RPG.

MBTI
    INTJ

Sounds like a great game, I'm gonna check it out after i get a ps3.

MBTI
    INTJ

The only thing I dislike about RPGs is the redundancy of the fighting systems though. However, if there is a great storyline, I will be willing to tolerate this minor caveat. According to some reviews, this game has exactly that.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    The only thing I dislike about RPGs is the redundancy of the fighting systems though. However, if there is a great storyline, I will be willing to tolerate this minor caveat. According to some reviews, this game has exactly that.
    The early Persona games, at least, have a very unique fighting engine; you might find that you enjoy the difference.

MBTI
    INTJ

Unique? How so?