User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Persona 4

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by WithoutaFace View Post
    Unique? How so?
    For starters, in Persona 1 and 2 you must attempt to negotiate with the demons (experimenting with different styles of doing so) in order to gain a card signifying their allegiance to you. Later, you mix multiple cards (as well as various other items hidden throughout the game) in order to create new cards and ally with the most powerful demons in the game. There is more, but its been about four years since I've been able to play the games (Persona 2 is well over 100+ hours, so its not a casual gaming comittment), so I don't remember everything. Rest assured that the combat in those games does not feel peripheral to or thematically separate from the story elements-and its quite a bit more fun than is standard in Japanese rpg's.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    For starters, in Persona 1 and 2 you must attempt to negotiate with the demons (experimenting with different styles of doing so) in order to gain a card signifying their allegiance to you. Later, you mix multiple cards (as well as various other items hidden throughout the game) in order to create new cards and ally with the most powerful demons in the game. There is more, but its been about four years since I've been able to play the games (Persona 2 is well over 100+ hours, so its not a casual gaming comittment), so I don't remember everything. Rest assured that the combat in those games does not feel peripheral to or thematically separate from the story elements-and its quite a bit more fun than is standard in Japanese rpg's.
    Hmmm, I can say this thread conjoined with some reviews has me sold. I'm ready to play!