• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

VOTE FOR BEST DRAWING!!!!

Which drawing is best?

• A

Votes: 32 50.8%
  • B

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • C

Votes: 22 34.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A)

Lady_Obscura_by_greeneyedsiren.jpg

B)

AAAAAAAakjds.jpg

C)

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRt.jpg

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sweet. :)

Thanks for letting me know, guys!

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
I voted C, but it was hard to decide as I liked them all a lot. I don't mean this in the wrong way, but 'B' does not look finished.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I voted C, but it was hard to decide as I liked them all a lot. I don't mean this in the wrong way, but 'B' does not look finished.

And apparently others agree with you. I still find it very surprising though that 'B' didn't get any votes.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's relatively flat, and seemingly more technique-oriented than with a composition in mind.

Well the other two definitely have strong composition. That's for sure.

anii

homo-loving sonovagun
MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
I chose A.

Did you draw all of them? If so, you have a pretty diverse talent.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Care to elaborate ?

Yes, indeed. To me, it's hard to compare something with very sharp definite edges as being more 'finished' than something with softer tones. They're in two separate categories in and of themselves in my eyes.

The images are both straight forward in their deliverance. To me, 'B' sung more because it was unfinished seeming.

The Sax is a common element used in blues and jazz, and specifically it's solos represented a lot when it came to that genre of music. Sax's are normally shiny, with definite edges and very obvious details so a straight portrait of it would be a simpler task than what I think this piece achieved here. It's soft, with a charcoal medium, and reminds one of rain, of lonely back alley hide-outs, and of bittersweet music. The few glints of light along it all seem to show hope and a sort of being 'at peace' through all of the unfinished and rainy edges of the entire piece.

This may not be what the artist had in mind at all while doing this sketch, but this what the piece brought out in me. While A was absolutely beautiful, and clearly showed craftsmanship as well as a clear understanding in art.. It simply didn't invoke symbolism the way portrait B did for me.

I had explained this to Sunshine as well. Thank you to the author of it, it was very well done.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx

B looked great, soft and subtle, which made the shape stand out. I liked the technical composition of A though, it got my vote.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Toss up between A & B for me, music won the day.