• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help create a Hipster PDA!

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I've been obsessed, for the past 3 months or so, with finding the perfect pocket monthly calendar. I've been pretty disappointed with what I've found, and decided, today, to create my own using index cards. I googled it and found out that there's a small culture of people devoted to (and sometimes obsessed with) creating and perfecting what's called a "Hipster PDA."

What is a Hipster PDA?
It's just a group of index cards held together by a paper clip, accordion, or rubber band, but dammit, it's awesome. You can include a calendar (weekly/monthly), to do lists, address books, whatever.

Collaborative Effort Needed!
Instead of trying to compete, why don't we work together? We should have a couple people working on a calendar. I'm going to make a 2-page monthly calendar with room for notes. We could have someone make a to do list (a J) and whatever other types of lists. Maybe something for inspirational quotes, finances, MBTI cheatsheet, etc. If people reply in this thread, I will add their contribution to the OP so we can coordinate.

Edahn - 2 page month by month
[Your name here] - [awesome idea]

Getting Started Tips
The files should be made using Microsoft Word. To get the right size page, go to Microsoft Word and click Page Setup. Click the Paper tab and under Paper size, select Index card 3x5in. No 4x6 cards, because they're too big to carry in your pocket. When you're done, upload what you've made in the form of a .doc file.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Is this for.. like.. making lists and things?

*looks scared and tries to imagine he is in the happy, but disorganised, place*

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Here you go!

pbr_can.jpg

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Fellas, I changed it. Instead of competing, we should collaborate. Who wants to make a page?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, wow. Could never do this in good conscience, but it's neat.

A Schnitzel

WTF is this dude saying?
MBTI Type
INTP
I've seen hipsters kiss in public.

I don't see what the big deal is.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Good god.

I love to organise things and it still sounds painful and unnecessary.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
People people people, it's not just a piece of paper. It's a datebook, a personal organizer, a place to write down your ideas, something to jot down notes for playing games at bars, it's everything. You print it on an index card and then carry them around like a calendar, except, you can customize it to your exact needs. C'MON!

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
People people people, it's not just a piece of paper. It's a datebook, a personal organizer, a place to write down your ideas, something to jot down notes for playing games at bars, it's everything. You print it on an index card and then carry them around like a calendar, except, you can customize it to your exact needs. C'MON!

Sounds a lot like a blank index card to me. I can customize that bad boy like crazy.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Replace the index cards with PCB and you might be on to something, maybe add some cool flashing LEDs. You could totally carry a power supply in your backpack.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I see this thread has gotten great feedback.

Anyway, I went ahead and spent 8 hours working on some templates. Here's what I got:

Landscapes*:
View attachment 3007

Portraits:
View attachment 3005

*Word says the tables (not the files) in "landscapes" is corrupted, because, I think, the margins are screwy. I'm playing with it now. It doesn't have a virus.

In true ENTP style, you will stop using it in 1-2 days. The point was never really to organize was it? It was to devise a system for organization, so you could later ditch it like everything else. :yes:

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
In true ENTP style, you will stop using it in 1-2 days. The point was never really to organize was it? It was to devise a system for organization, so you could later ditch it like everything else. :yes:

:whistling:

I have updates, too. ;)

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think I'm gonna make some emergency cards, like for performing a heimlich and other really useful stuff that comes up a lot. Pics included!