• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Help create a Hipster PDA!

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj
In true ENTP style, you will stop using it in 1-2 days. The point was never really to organize was it? It was to devise a system for organization, so you could later ditch it like everything else. :yes:

*stares at index cards* I agree... this is too much work even for a J. Much easier just to get a pocket sized notebook (slap calendar printouts for each month up front) and be done with it. Assuming anybody will use it in the first place.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I don't get it.

LOL. Best response yet.

I find it interesting so many fellow INTPs answered your call Edahn with nothing but catcalls and quizzical shrugs.

I don't think they like organizing and compartmentalizing as much as you. Or is that planning?

But not me, Edahn, oh no. I'll pat you on the back.

And I'll probably even entertain the idea of trying to make one of these. Carrying a journal and a blackberry are the closest things to a hipster PDA I'll probably get.

I think having a section for a food journal and money in/out is helpful as well.

Or 'fleeting gripes' and write down things that annoyed you (tourists stood at top of escalator blocking path) and things that you found funny (homeless man banging pot screaming "GIVE ME SOME MONEY" in Georgetown gets tips like crazy).

Maybe.

I'd like to see how long you use it and what changes you make. I used to have an old-school PDA or calendar of sorts but only used it when I worked a retail schedule and then when I worked in sales and had to keep track of my calls/appointments.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
*stares at index cards* I agree... this is too much work even for a J. Much easier just to get a pocket sized notebook (slap calendar printouts for each month up front) and be done with it. Assuming anybody will use it in the first place.

In other words: YOUR IDEA IS GARBAGE!

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, I think I figured out what is weird to me about this idea (other than the fact that a P is getting so excited about a planner). It's basically like an old school Franklin planner--an organizer without the convenience of stuff being digitally stored. Reminds me of people who wish their cellphones had cords.

Also reminds me of that page of useless information that would come in the front of a Trapper Keeper--did anyone ever actually refer to that?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
They said it couldn't be done. Some said it shouldn't be done. But I did it. Completely personalized, it will contain all the things I intend to record, and none of the things I will never bother with.

I printed it all on 3x5s, then hole punched it with a 2 hole puncher. The pink thing is a plastic CD jacket I found in my car. The binder rings open and close so you don't have to sit there turning for 25 minutes.
135351.jpg

Calendar, printing on both sides of the page.
135416.jpg

One of the many custom pages, this one is for driving directions.
135439.jpg

A rubber band holds it all together in your pocket.
135547.jpg

The back has a place to jot down notes on the go.
135558.jpg

Suck it, Synarch.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I’ve tried but I just don’t get it.

Congrats though, I guess.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Blackberry (or any cellphone, really): Calendar & appointment reminders
Hipster PDA: Everything else

Set up to be loosely based on the GTD system; A for "At Home" , P for "Projects", C for "Calls", I for "Inbox", and E for "Errands".

In pic #1 we have my grocery list, filed under Errands. Pic #2 shows the snazzy plastic index cards I got at Staples (or Office Max, same difference).

Workin' pretty good for me so far. Although, pic #1 illustrates quite well sticking point of every organizational system - being organized is not the same thing as being motivated... :D

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
I would lose it within 12 hours. Or carry it around for weeks without using it and leave it behind the first time I really needed it. GJ anyway, though I can't help but think it's just a picking-up-chicks prop. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I would lose it within 12 hours. Or carry it around for weeks without using it and leave it behind the first time I really needed it. GJ anyway, though I can't help but think it's just a picking-up-chicks prop. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

It's much to flimsy to pick up chicks. Since I made it, though, I have been using it.