User Tag List

First 123

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    In true ENTP style, you will stop using it in 1-2 days. The point was never really to organize was it? It was to devise a system for organization, so you could later ditch it like everything else.
    *stares at index cards* I agree... this is too much work even for a J. Much easier just to get a pocket sized notebook (slap calendar printouts for each month up front) and be done with it. Assuming anybody will use it in the first place.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't get it.
    LOL. Best response yet.

I find it interesting so many fellow INTPs answered your call Edahn with nothing but catcalls and quizzical shrugs.

I don't think they like organizing and compartmentalizing as much as you. Or is that planning?

But not me, Edahn, oh no. I'll pat you on the back.

And I'll probably even entertain the idea of trying to make one of these. Carrying a journal and a blackberry are the closest things to a hipster PDA I'll probably get.

I think having a section for a food journal and money in/out is helpful as well.

Or 'fleeting gripes' and write down things that annoyed you (tourists stood at top of escalator blocking path) and things that you found funny (homeless man banging pot screaming "GIVE ME SOME MONEY" in Georgetown gets tips like crazy).

Maybe.

I'd like to see how long you use it and what changes you make. I used to have an old-school PDA or calendar of sorts but only used it when I worked a retail schedule and then when I worked in sales and had to keep track of my calls/appointments.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    *stares at index cards* I agree... this is too much work even for a J. Much easier just to get a pocket sized notebook (slap calendar printouts for each month up front) and be done with it. Assuming anybody will use it in the first place.
    In other words: YOUR IDEA IS GARBAGE!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP

Okay, I think I figured out what is weird to me about this idea (other than the fact that a P is getting so excited about a planner). It's basically like an old school Franklin planner--an organizer without the convenience of stuff being digitally stored. Reminds me of people who wish their cellphones had cords.

Also reminds me of that page of useless information that would come in the front of a Trapper Keeper--did anyone ever actually refer to that?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

They said it couldn't be done. Some said it shouldn't be done. But I did it. Completely personalized, it will contain all the things I intend to record, and none of the things I will never bother with.

I printed it all on 3x5s, then hole punched it with a 2 hole puncher. The pink thing is a plastic CD jacket I found in my car. The binder rings open and close so you don't have to sit there turning for 25 minutes.

Calendar, printing on both sides of the page.

One of the many custom pages, this one is for driving directions.

A rubber band holds it all together in your pocket.

The back has a place to jot down notes on the go.

Suck it, Synarch.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Ive tried but I just dont get it.

Congrats though, I guess.

MBTI
    ENTP

Blackberry (or any cellphone, really): Calendar & appointment reminders
    Hipster PDA: Everything else

Set up to be loosely based on the GTD system; A for "At Home" , P for "Projects", C for "Calls", I for "Inbox", and E for "Errands".

In pic #1 we have my grocery list, filed under Errands. Pic #2 shows the snazzy plastic index cards I got at Staples (or Office Max, same difference).

Workin' pretty good for me so far. Although, pic #1 illustrates quite well sticking point of every organizational system - being organized is not the same thing as being motivated...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Extremes: Need To Pursue

I like my cars fast, my music loud, and my women even faster and louder!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Awesome!

MBTI
    INFP

I would lose it within 12 hours. Or carry it around for weeks without using it and leave it behind the first time I really needed it. GJ anyway, though I can't help but think it's just a picking-up-chicks prop. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I would lose it within 12 hours. Or carry it around for weeks without using it and leave it behind the first time I really needed it. GJ anyway, though I can't help but think it's just a picking-up-chicks prop. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    It's much to flimsy to pick up chicks. Since I made it, though, I have been using it.