• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone love cricket as much as me

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah I'm watching it on the exquisitely dry and self-deprecating Guardian over-by-over coverage. Very good start by England, and Johnson is doing in this England Ashes series what Gillespie did in the last one. It's terrible for us because he's a far better bowler than that. He's actually our only remaining match-winning bowler. Not anymore.

And that wicket was probably your fault Noigmn.

R

Riva

i wish England wins the ashes. not because i like the england team more.
they lost so bad the last time, 5/0 they gave cricket a bad name.
and no one likes to watch any sport if it is only 1 sided.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
Yeh, our bowlers aren't giving them anything to think about. I think the wickets will come when England gets bored and starts playing stupid shots for entertainment.

We only need a draw, but I'd prefer a win.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
i wish England wins the ashes. not because i like the england team more.
they lost so bad the last time, 5/0 they gave cricket a bad name.
and no one likes to watch any sport if it is only 1 sided.

If there's one thing my dad drilled into me when I was growing up it's that (when it comes to the cricket) you never feel sorry for the poms. When they're down the only reason you take your foot off their throats is to dig it into their ribs a few times. I think Botham may have had a bit to do with that but honestly I'm not too sure. He mightve been brought up that way himself by parents who were still smarting from Bodyline.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
No sympathy here. It seems there's always some way to bend the rules. Will be happy to beat them, especially after all the talk early in the series.

ergophobe

Allergic to Mornings
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I love cricket - in all its forms. It was a lot easier watching it when I lived in India. It's SO much fun! I also loved that you could stop random people on the street and ask them what the score was and they would gladly share :smile: There would be people gathered around little shopkeepers listening to a lone radio with the commentary on.

I used to stream the world cup matches online - should look into streaming more. T20 is okay, I like one days the best (players actually get to settle in and show their form). Tests are great too for just admiring a player's ability and stamina but 5 days is a long time for any game, I have to confess, even for a purist.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah India is an awesome place to be when the cricket's on. I was there for a world cup and it was just about all anyone was talking about. India played Pakistan for one of the matches and the streets were basically deserted. Indian streets, deserted. When India won that match the entire city celebrated long into the night - fireworks and all.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
133/8? Oy vey! Looks like Ponting's gone and lost the Ashes again. I'm dubbing these "Johnson's Ashes".

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Apparently, I tried a little cricket in my back garden a while ago.

... Still good at my bowling, but hell does my batting suck (now). :blush:

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
133/8? Oy vey! Looks like Ponting's gone and lost the Ashes again. I'm dubbing these "Johnson's Ashes".

The BBC was pretty negative I thought. 300 on the board overnight and the BBC headlined it "England struggle in final Ashes test". Not the way I saw it seeing how the pitch was moving around. 300 on the board is a decent start!

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
The BBC was pretty negative I thought. 300 on the board overnight and the BBC headlined it "England struggle in final Ashes test". Not the way I saw it seeing how the pitch was moving around. 300 on the board is a decent start!

I thought 300 was a solid platform. I guess they were just disappointed given what a great start England had made. 400+ was looking on the cards at one point.

R

Riva

wow i am glad that England managed to win the ashes. I am glad. not that (like i said before) i am a England cricket team fan, they lost the previous ashes (5/0) so bad that i began to not like it.

+ Aussies in the 4th place now
SA in the first
And Sri Lanka in the second.
Have to admit that South Africa is a brilliant team. tho they choke a lot.