• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Does anyone love cricket as much as me

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
It seems true that many women who are into watching sport do so purely for the perv factor. Thus cricket is low down on their list of sports to watch. In Australia they are far more likely to watch Aussie rules football, with the buff guys running around in short shorts and singlets. In America I suspect they are more likely to watch gridiron or basketball. Girls seem to be more likely to enjoy the violent sports for some reason. But the more arcane sports such as cricket and baseball don't get much of a look-in. Except in India, where cricket is THE major sport, and even then probably two-thirds of the Indian female population are madly in love with one-third of the Indian cricket team.

I'm not sure how it works in Pakistan, but Pakistan has a solid tradition of nasty fast-bowlers, which could play into the female enjoyment of violent sports.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Ah yes. I was watching video of Dhoni being mobbed in India just on the way to get his hair cut!

-Geoff

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
It seems true that many women who are into watching sport do so purely for the perv factor. Thus cricket is low down on their list of sports to watch. In Australia they are far more likely to watch Aussie rules football, with the buff guys running around in short shorts and singlets. In America I suspect they are more likely to watch gridiron or basketball. Girls seem to be more likely to enjoy the violent sports for some reason. But the more arcane sports such as cricket and baseball don't get much of a look-in. Except in India, where cricket is THE major sport, and even then probably two-thirds of the Indian female population are madly in love with one-third of the Indian cricket team.

I'm not sure how it works in Pakistan, but Pakistan has a solid tradition of nasty fast-bowlers, which could play into the female enjoyment of violent sports.

You can say that for sure:
YouTube - Shoaib Akhtar at his Best

mystery

MBTI Type
xSFJ
I've never been to an international - I even had free tickets once but was away at the time and couldn't go :(

Been to some Hampshire 20/20s though which was good fun!

I see we are doing a bit better now... (fingers crossed)

-Geoff

i love the rosebowl..great place so close up and personal with the teams (c block is the one to book ) i think our luck run out in last test ....thought jelly beans interesting on the pitch:devil:

I bloody love cricket. I can't get enough of it. I like nothing better than to spend all weekend with a couple of mates watching a test match. I even rearrange sleeping patterns as much as possible to accommodate tests played in strange time-zones. I have a few friends who are similarly passionate about the game, and a much larger group of friends/associates who are interested enough to keep relatively up-to-date on scores etc, but sadly I've yet to meet a local female irl who is remotely interested in the sport. Some of the most gratifying months of my life were spent in India, where everyone is suitably nuts about it, even the ladies.

Incidentally, the Australian cricket team has played no international cricket since the world cup, and I don't know what to do with myself. No tests until November. Can you feel my pain?

yes i feel your pain lol BUT theres always england:nice:

I quite like cricket. But I don't like watching test cricket as much as one-day cricket or twenty20 cricket. It tends to get boring watching test series.

is that because you dont understand the rules ...too much to take in .....only joking...i like the test more than 20/20...as it more gripping ....

mystery

MBTI Type
xSFJ
I love the cricket.

I have to disagree with Falcarius that test cricket is boring; I much prefer it over one day matches or twenty20 cricket.

The cricket is the primary reason I love summer in Australia. If it wasn't for cricket, I could gladly live in winter all year.

i eat breathe live cricket when it on ...though not lucky enough to have the luxury of the hot weather as you ....

20/20 hasn't really taken off here, it's alot bigger in England.

Prefer Test cricket though

really you have the best 20/20 team in world.....though as you i love my tests...

Growing up in America, I feel so left out of the cricket thing. I didn't even know what exactly it was until about a year ago.

That being said, I have ulterior motives for liking cricket. :)

i love cricket BUT my ulterior motive is :

harmy...hmmm:wubbie:
freddie
kp
strauss
cook

lol yes nothing better than being at test surrounded by gorgeous gentleman...noisey and loud but still gentleman lol...

mystery

MBTI Type
xSFJ
I like cricket too.

Do you like Imran Khan?
4slkhan.jpg

most chicks get the hots for him.
no not really ...i so happy that i not most chicks

i should of known you support a cheat ...tell why was he banned again ...:rolli:

to be honest my view is that pakistan cricket team should be banned from all international games and keep it in there own country.. because they fail to understand the fundamental rule ..that cricket is gentlemens game !!!!!!! ...yes we all like the banter ...BUT...this team take it to the extreme

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
My order of teams I prefer to see win:

Australia (obviously)
Bangladesh
England
WI
Pakistan (before the Hair incident and all that followed)
NZ
SA
India
Pakistan (after the Hair incident and all that followed)
SL

I would probably have India further up the order if it weren't for how irritatingly smug, self-congratulatory, verbose and generally gloaty Indians become whenever their cricket team wins matches.

darlets

really you have the best 20/20 team in world.....though as you i love my tests...
Ummm, I guess. Never really thought much about the who's who of 20/20. When it's on over here the rattle off all these stats from Aussies that play in the county system in the U.K. Cameron White has a really fast 100 in a 20/20 in a county game apparently.

I don't think Cricket is doing so well as a whole, in terms of making cash. The Ashes and Australia Touring India are the big money spinners and the rest don't draw alot of crowds.

Dansker

MBTI Type
INTP
I can't say I watch cricket for the perv factor, nor am I particuarly interested in watching men run around in short shorts, AFL style.

I love the cricket for the game.

Sona

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ

Australia (obviously)
Bangladesh
England
WI
NZ
SA
India
SL

I would probably have India further up the order if it weren't for how irritatingly smug, self-congratulatory, verbose and generally gloaty Indians become whenever their cricket team wins matches.

Hair perhaps was a racist and abused his position as a umpire to bully the Asian teams.

He was asking for money:
BBC SPORT | Cricket | Umpire offered to resign for cash

mystery

MBTI Type
xSFJ

Australia (obviously)
Bangladesh
England
WI
NZ
SA
India
SL

my order would be...england
Australia
new Zealand
south Africa
India.........

always england:heart: :wubbie:

Ummm, I guess. Never really thought much about the who's who of 20/20. When it's on over here the rattle off all these stats from Aussies that play in the county system in the U.K. Cameron White has a really fast 100 in a 20/20 in a county game apparently.

I don't think Cricket is doing so well as a whole, in terms of making cash. The Ashes and Australia Touring India are the big money spinners and the rest don't draw alot of crowds.

i have to agree lack of money in the game ...lack of teaching the children at early years too...lack of it being available to all ....

I can't say I watch cricket for the perv factor, nor am I particuarly interested in watching men run around in short shorts, AFL style.

I love the cricket for the game.

i :heart: it too for the game ..i like the guys in there whites no shorts lol ....though it just added bonus if guy good looking :blush:

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
I care about the sport as much as the insect. That is to say...not at all. So to answer the question, no.

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Australia (obviously)
Bangladesh
England
WI
NZ
SA
India
SL

No, I associate that attitude more with the English cricket team, mostly because they hardly win anything to begin with. :D Anyway, here's my order:

-Australia (well, they ARE my native country)
-Bangladesh (not like this happens too often, even in one-dayers - but why not? :) )
-West Indies (I wouldn't have placed them here 15 years ago - but they never win anything these days)
-Sri Lanka (why did you place them so low? Because of the hyperbole surrounding Muttiah Muralitharan's action? :huh: )
-Pakistan (I felt that Darrell Hair was at fault for that incident last year more than the Pakistan team - although their attitude and inconsistency is annoying)
-New Zealand (more by default - I dislike them less than the teams to follow, although their commentators are annoying)
-South Africa (Still the wannabe Australia - they chew up weak-to-moderate teams at home and tend to struggle away)
-England (For the reason listed above, traditional rivalry aside)
-India (I've always taken pleasure in their failures, for some reason)

Of course, Zimbabwe no longer count, thanks to a combination of the country's interal corruption and the ICC's ineptitude.

lazyhappy

i thought u meant cricket-crickets for a minute o.o... and i was like: HELL YEAH!... but then my intuition finally kicked in... isn't cricket like a rich white person sport?... no offence... i just picture a lil. white dude with a pink sweater around his shoulders while holding his little stick saying like "pass the skones"... aww XD...

lol anyway... i never played cricket... but well... i hate all sports so... yeah...

edit-
OH! in case ur thinking what a idiot i am... i found this forum under the new posts (it's what i use) and i didn't realise it was under sports... well until after i wrote the above (i have trouble noticing things that are infront of me (un-sensorness... i guess...) ... so don't judge meh! XD)...

DaRick

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
i thought u meant cricket-crickets for a minute o.o... and i was like: HELL YEAH!... but then my intuition finally kicked in... isn't cricket like a rich white person sport?... no offence... i just picture a lil. white dude with a pink sweater around his shoulders while holding his little stick saying like "pass the skones"... aww XD...

lol anyway... i never played cricket... but well... i hate all sports so... yeah...

edit-
OH! in case ur thinking what a idiot i am... i found this forum under the new posts (it's what i use) and i didn't realise it was under sports... well until after i wrote the above (i have trouble noticing things that are infront of me (un-sensorness... i guess...) ... so don't judge meh! XD)...

I can identify with your overlooking of minor details, but some of your views are somewhat unfounded. For instance, the game is rabidly followed in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh (countries which aren't exactly overflowing with 'rich white people' :) ).

R

Riva

ok i confess.....i love cricket:party2: .....but the question is does anyone else in her ..........:static:...........or am i alone :horor:.....

I WORSHIP CRICKET.

i am from SRI LANKA. where are you from????

man and i thought that i was the only one.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wow, haven't played cricket in like... close to 4 years!

... I'm a pretty good batsman (normally 5th-7th), pretty good fielder - my position was the one next-to or second next-to the wicket keeper (forgot the name of it - winger? IDK), but I was best at bowling!!! :cool:

I loved bowling a lot - medium fast paced, with the ability to swing the ball. Barely used to give any runs away, and took some awesome wickets! :devil:

I should have made it to professional level, but then there were other more important things to do in my life.