User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

*OFF-TOPIC*

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I know the whole bushfire thing is of an unprecedented scale in Australian history. What's the death toll now -- 300ish? But then I remember the tsunami with its estimated death toll of 150,000+. I don't remember that generating so much public sympathy. Maybe it was too big, or too far away.
    I was in S'pore in 2006, and recall watching it as it unfolded... It seemed like the public outpouring of sympathy was pretty much universal.

I really don't get all of this posturing about how "other people have suffered more". When it happens to people you know, it naturally has greater personal impact. Also, I very sincerely doubt that the Indonesians or other nations care very much about the bushfires. I certainly know that my family and friends in Singapore don't give a fuck. Why is it bad that people in Australia care about the worst natural disaster in Australia's history, and a possible repeat of that? I'm not even Aussie by nationality and I care, because my friends are affected.

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I doubt that has a name associated with it, like "Ash Wednesday".
    You're wrong.

*ON-TOPIC*
    It was a good win. Well done team.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post
    I was in S'pore in 2006, and recall watching it as it unfolded... It seemed like the public outpouring of sympathy was pretty much universal.
    I remember a public outpouring of sympathy, but I don't remember people rushing out to donate money and clothes etc. Not in this corner of the world, anyway.

I really don't get all of this posturing about how "other people have suffered more". When it happens to people you know, it naturally has greater personal impact. Also, I very sincerely doubt that the Indonesians or other nations care very much about the bushfires. I certainly know that my family and friends in Singapore don't give a fuck. Why is it bad that people in Australia care about the worst natural disaster in Australia's history, and a possible repeat of that? I'm not even Aussie by nationality and I care, because my friends are affected.
    I never said it was bad.

Maybe it was just me who had forgotten how crazy huge the tsunami disaster was.

It was a good win. Well done team.
    We'll fuck it up next time. Without a quality wrist-spinner we're toast. I always thought an underrated benefit of having top-quality bowlers in your team (eg McGrath, Warne) was in sharpening your batsmen up in the nets from having to face them. Which would explain why we've been so useless against swing-bowling for so long. Our last decent swing-bowler was Fleming. How long since he retired? Now we don't have top-notch spinners in the side either, which could explain the difficulty our batsmen have experienced in facing spin. I'd offer up Botha as an example, but that would be unfair. The guy obviously chucks.

MBTI
    INXP

At least *that* test match had a result. 5 days of test cricket, and 17 wickets? Oh dear...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Lankans have been attacked by gunmen on their way to day 3 of the Lahore test. 5 policemen killed.

Shocking news.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Lankans have been attacked by gunmen on their way to day 3 of the Lahore test. 5 policemen killed.

Shocking news.
    Yeah, I just heard that on the news. It is especially sad as sports generally unites people of different creeds and races, but the gunmen who carried out the attacks used sport for the opposite reasons to promote hostilities that have nothing to do with sport nor Cricket.

Probably the very reason I am most proud of being English is because I live in a culturally diverse country which is generally accepting of people of other beliefs. I can't name too many other situations other than sport where member of the public of different backgrounds sit together and cheers on a person from an equally different background; for example, like what happens with Monty Panesar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INFP

Incredible news happening in Pakistan. I'm not particularly surprised that a terrorist attack on cricketers would take place there, but I'm amazed that Sri Lankan cricketers would be the target. Australians, Brits or Indians yeah, but Sri Lankans? Unless it turns out that this was related to the Sri Lankan civil war.

Is this the first time a sports team has been specifically targeted by terrorists since the Munich olympics?

I'm not a cricket fan but somebody here might like this
    Highlights from Cricketís Strangest Matches

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm a cricketmatchbigfan. Kidding, of course, that's a joke based on a previous username i had like four years ago which i'm embarrassed by now. lol. But, yeah, i'm also pretty into cricket.

Anyways, the South Africa vs Australia One Day series is shaping up well. Important match tomorrow; should be good.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Must...

Ignore...

Grammar mistake...

*dies*

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram