First 34567 Last

MBTI
    INXP

Cricket. *sigh*. Silly England team.

MBTI
    EN?P
    Enneagram

Cricket!? Where!?

(Is there somewhere on the internets I can watch cricket? I live in America now and they fail at sports.)

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Army View Post
    Cricket!? Where!?

(Is there somewhere on the internets I can watch cricket? I live in America now and they fail at sports.)
    Sadly cricket on the intarwebs has very sadly not caught on. Sadly.

It is, however, an excellent sport to indulge in the odd "bifter". Nothing ever happens...

Imagine a game you play for a week - and it's a draw!

It's like Spasky headbutting Fisher.

Yep, cricket rules! Except that Australia are getting crap now and keep losing. Suppose it couldn't last forever.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP

At least Michael Hussey is finding some form again.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by mystery View Post
    ok i confess.....i love cricket .....but the question is does anyone else in her .....................or am i alone :horor:.....
    Cricket is the only decent sport?
    I should say yes.
    If it were not Polo.

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Poor Americans, those dastardly Brits and Aussies (mostly) have hijacked the sports section somewhat with this thread. Long may it stay near the top!

*I think my hopes of becoming a decent legspinner were completely dashed in my teens when I taught myself to bowl the googly before I had learned proper control, and lost both my legbreak and the ability to land it with any consistency on the cut portion of the pitch as a result. I might still have been a decent wicketkeeper of modest batting abilites, but unfortunately I am well over 5"5 and very far from being manically hyperactive, so it was impossible to get anyone to take me seriously in this regard *

^ eat your heart out, cricketing fillysteins!
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

I'm listening to the ABC commentary of the Oz in South Africa test series. 2 more wickets!

It's really sobering listening to the bushfire warnings in between overs/dismissals. Let's hope that tomorrow will be a case of exaggerated warnings... But the predictions for Black Saturday were as bad and right on the money.

*fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by nonsequitur View Post

I'm listening to the ABC commentary of the Oz in South Africa test series. 2 more wickets!

It's really sobering listening to the bushfire warnings in between overs/dismissals. Let's hope that tomorrow will be a case of exaggerated warnings... But the predictions for Black Saturday were as bad and right on the money.

*fingers crossed*
    Yeh, tomorrow's going to be bad apparently. Strong winds again, but only 32. Nothing like the 100km/h winds and 47 on Black Saturday, a big fire somewhere was almost inevitable. Hopefully no new ones start, and the others stay contained.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INFP

I know the whole bushfire thing is of an unprecedented scale in Australian history. What's the death toll now -- 300ish? But then I remember the tsunami with its estimated death toll of 150,000+. I don't remember that generating so much public sympathy. Maybe it was too big, or too far away. I doubt that has a name associated with it, like "Ash Wednesday".