User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP

It seems true that many women who are into watching sport do so purely for the perv factor. Thus cricket is low down on their list of sports to watch. In Australia they are far more likely to watch Aussie rules football, with the buff guys running around in short shorts and singlets. In America I suspect they are more likely to watch gridiron or basketball. Girls seem to be more likely to enjoy the violent sports for some reason. But the more arcane sports such as cricket and baseball don't get much of a look-in. Except in India, where cricket is THE major sport, and even then probably two-thirds of the Indian female population are madly in love with one-third of the Indian cricket team.

I'm not sure how it works in Pakistan, but Pakistan has a solid tradition of nasty fast-bowlers, which could play into the female enjoyment of violent sports.

MBTI
    INXP

Ah yes. I was watching video of Dhoni being mobbed in India just on the way to get his hair cut!

-Geoff

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    It seems true that many women who are into watching sport do so purely for the perv factor. Thus cricket is low down on their list of sports to watch. In Australia they are far more likely to watch Aussie rules football, with the buff guys running around in short shorts and singlets. In America I suspect they are more likely to watch gridiron or basketball. Girls seem to be more likely to enjoy the violent sports for some reason. But the more arcane sports such as cricket and baseball don't get much of a look-in. Except in India, where cricket is THE major sport, and even then probably two-thirds of the Indian female population are madly in love with one-third of the Indian cricket team.

I'm not sure how it works in Pakistan, but Pakistan has a solid tradition of nasty fast-bowlers, which could play into the female enjoyment of violent sports.
    You can say that for sure:
    YouTube - Shoaib Akhtar at his Best

MBTI
    xSFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    I've never been to an international - I even had free tickets once but was away at the time and couldn't go

Been to some Hampshire 20/20s though which was good fun!

I see we are doing a bit better now... (fingers crossed)

-Geoff
    i love the rosebowl..great place so close up and personal with the teams (c block is the one to book ) i think our luck run out in last test ....thought jelly beans interesting on the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I bloody love cricket. I can't get enough of it. I like nothing better than to spend all weekend with a couple of mates watching a test match. I even rearrange sleeping patterns as much as possible to accommodate tests played in strange time-zones. I have a few friends who are similarly passionate about the game, and a much larger group of friends/associates who are interested enough to keep relatively up-to-date on scores etc, but sadly I've yet to meet a local female irl who is remotely interested in the sport. Some of the most gratifying months of my life were spent in India, where everyone is suitably nuts about it, even the ladies.

Incidentally, the Australian cricket team has played no international cricket since the world cup, and I don't know what to do with myself. No tests until November. Can you feel my pain?
    yes i feel your pain lol BUT theres always england

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    I quite like cricket. But I don't like watching test cricket as much as one-day cricket or twenty20 cricket. It tends to get boring watching test series.
    is that because you dont understand the rules ...too much to take in .....only joking...i like the test more than 20/20...as it more gripping ....

MBTI
    xSFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    I love the cricket.

I have to disagree with Falcarius that test cricket is boring; I much prefer it over one day matches or twenty20 cricket.

The cricket is the primary reason I love summer in Australia. If it wasn't for cricket, I could gladly live in winter all year.
    i eat breathe live cricket when it on ...though not lucky enough to have the luxury of the hot weather as you ....

Quote Originally Posted by darlets View Post
    20/20 hasn't really taken off here, it's alot bigger in England.

Prefer Test cricket though
    really you have the best 20/20 team in world.....though as you i love my tests...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Girl View Post
    Growing up in America, I feel so left out of the cricket thing. I didn't even know what exactly it was until about a year ago.

That being said, I have ulterior motives for liking cricket.
    i love cricket BUT my ulterior motive is :

harmy...hmmm
    freddie
    kp
    strauss
    cook

lol yes nothing better than being at test surrounded by gorgeous gentleman...noisey and loud but still gentleman lol...

MBTI
    xSFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    I like cricket too.

Do you like Imran Khan?

most chicks get the hots for him.
    no not really ...i so happy that i not most chicks

You can say that for sure:
    YouTube - Shoaib Akhtar at his Best
    i should of known you support a cheat ...tell why was he banned again ...:rolli:

to be honest my view is that pakistan cricket team should be banned from all international games and keep it in there own country.. because they fail to understand the fundamental rule ..that cricket is gentlemens game !!!!!!! ...yes we all like the banter ...BUT...this team take it to the extreme

MBTI
    INFP

My order of teams I prefer to see win:

Australia (obviously)
    Bangladesh
    England
    WI
    Pakistan (before the Hair incident and all that followed)
    NZ
    SA
    India
    Pakistan (after the Hair incident and all that followed)
    SL

I would probably have India further up the order if it weren't for how irritatingly smug, self-congratulatory, verbose and generally gloaty Indians become whenever their cricket team wins matches.

Quote Originally Posted by mystery View Post
    really you have the best 20/20 team in world.....though as you i love my tests...
    Ummm, I guess. Never really thought much about the who's who of 20/20. When it's on over here the rattle off all these stats from Aussies that play in the county system in the U.K. Cameron White has a really fast 100 in a 20/20 in a county game apparently.

I don't think Cricket is doing so well as a whole, in terms of making cash. The Ashes and Australia Touring India are the big money spinners and the rest don't draw alot of crowds.
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
    Bertrand Russell

http://rayofsolar.blogspot.com/
    http://zeropointseven.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP

I can't say I watch cricket for the perv factor, nor am I particuarly interested in watching men run around in short shorts, AFL style.

I love the cricket for the game.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Dansker View Post
    I love the cricket for the game.