User Tag List

First 123 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't think I crave it, because that implies I don't have it. I don't see creative expression for it's own sake to be something that one can't easily obtain if they try.

I usually like to have a few creative outlets going at one time, but I don't think creativity is at all limited to the arts. Creativity can be injected into almost any aspect of life.

I feel I have to create.

I crave for more skills to create.

I would hope I can never satiate it. That would be like living dead.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't know that I crave it. When the urge hits I like to express it with food/cooking. Making a really artistic bento for my lunch or my kids lunches is one of my favorite outlets.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    infp

I used to, I could be seen scribbling in my notebook whenever it would hit me. For the last 6 months or so there have been no creative expression moments, just a total blank, I hate it. I used to love the days when my muse would infect me and make me feel a level of excitement you can never quite describe, it is a beautiful feeling doesn't come close to describing it.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

sometimes I do.
    Its getting rarer though.
    I scrapbook, draw, or paint, knit, or make jewelery. I used to have a keyboard that I banged on for a while.
    My room is full of unfinished works.
    I used to write but not anymore.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I feel I have to create.

I crave for more skills to create.

I would hope I can never satiate it. That would be like living dead.
    I completely agree. Sometimes, mine doesn't come out as anything tangible, but more like an expression of creative living by driving somewhere, eating something, talking about a certain topic, and feeling on top of the world...
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    Creative expression?

Like there's something on the bottom of your shoe, and you have to get it off, except it's something in your soul that you have to set free?

What do you do? Where does this stem from? How does one satiate it?

I'm about to go pick up some cans of spray paint. Or a microphone. Same difference.
    Crave? No. It's a neccessity. If I don't do it, I find myself rather imbalanced. Sort of like eating, except I won't die from not doing it, I'll just be miserable.

What do I do? I draw, or maybe I'll paint, or sing, or write, or go exploring somewhere. Sometimes, I don't do anything at all and let it sit there and fester. I think there's a quote that one of my professors read the other day from Art and Fear, think it went something like, "Artists don't get down to work until the pain of working is exceeded by the pain of not working." Which is pretty much what happens.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    What do I do? I draw, or maybe I'll paint, or sing, or write, or go exploring somewhere. Sometimes, I don't do anything at all and let it sit there and fester. I think there's a quote that one of my professors read the other day from Art and Fear, think it went something like, "Artists don't get down to work until the pain of working is exceeded by the pain of not working." Which is pretty much what happens.
    I've been feeling a lot of that... like... maybe the rotting will produce a fine wine... some sort of chemical reaction will occur and a revelation or magnum opus will result.
    Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FemmeUrbane View Post
    I've been feeling a lot of that... like... maybe the rotting will produce a fine wine... some sort of chemical reaction will occur and a revelation or magnum opus will result.
    Yeah, I've imagined it that way myself. Though I've found evidence that is contrary to that romanticised notion (doesn't mean I won't still excuse myself into thinking it). Usually, what really happens, is the good stuff comes along when all you've been churning out is bad stuff. You'll keep plugging away and trying and trying and trying to get something "right" and then you'll get frustrated and go try something else completely unrelated. But when you come back, something happens and you jump forward and all the sudden what you were trying to do makes sense. Which is frustrating, and annoying, because if you're anything like me, you want to get it right the first time, not the tenth or fiftieth time. Yet the reward is so much greater than the annoyance.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ISTP

Yup. That's usually when I go start making random designs out of aluminum block on our school's CNC Mill. I've made some sweet flames, logos, and other random things.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%