Cropsey
    That sounds like a challenge.

I'm going to watch it alone.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Fathead.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    That sounds like a challenge.

I'm going to watch it alone.
    You've been warned. But do it at night for full effect. And let's hear a report back : D
    I've had this ice cream bar, since I was a child!

Each thought's completely warped
    I'm like a walkin', talkin', ouija board.

an abyss of Nothingness Arctic Hysteria's Avatar
    MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyyukon View Post
    You've been warned. But do it at night for full effect. And let's hear a report back : D
    Challenge accepted.
    Will report back.
    | | | If it is god who makes man, this is the devil finishing touches | | |
    Likes johnnyyukon liked this post

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

@johnnyyukon, I've finished Cropsey. While I can say I enjoyed it as it fits my taste and it was well executed, I was far from being disturbed or scared. The case itself is disturbing of course, I cannot deny that.
    The occult reference was an interesting bit, especially to me, I don't know how many documentaries surrounding this area I've seen.
    Overall, a good find! Thank you for leading me to it.
    Yet I've been exposed to far more disturbing and hard to watch works that Cropsey was an easy watch.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Hysteria View Post
    @johnnyyukon, I've finished Cropsey. While I can say I enjoyed it as it fits my taste and it was well executed, I was far from being disturbed or scared. The case itself is disturbing of course, I cannot deny that.
    The occult reference was an interesting bit, especially to me, I don't know how many documentaries surrounding this area I've seen.
    Overall, a good find! Thank you for leading me to it.
    Yet I've been exposed to far more disturbing and hard to watch works that Cropsey was an easy watch.
    Nice!!

More disturbing documentaries? Please do share.

Any documentary about Richard Kuklinski is pretty interesting/dark.

But this one, what I found so disturbing was the Geraldo Rivera led investigation of Willowbrook. The conditions of Willowbrook State School. 6,000 mentally disabled people in a building only designed for 4,000. These people, it seemed, had more or less been discarded by their parents and were literally living in squalor. Physical/Sexual abuse, outbreaks of hepatitis. Robert Kennedy literally describing them as living in "cages."

The eventual shut down, and abandonment of this hospital. The tunnel system beneath it.

Not to mention all of the missing, mentally disabled children that went missing. And the one whose body they found. And then Andre Rand. The pedophile that worked at Willowbrook before it was shut down and who was connected to and convicted of murder of all the missing children.

And how he would break down and drool on himself when the video of the Rivera tapes were shown. Like he was remembering something fucked up (or he was acting).

That would be one fucked up place to go to at night.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Nice!!

But this one, what I found so disturbing was the Geraldo Rivera led investigation of Willowbrook. The conditions of Willowbrook State School. 6,000 mentally disabled people in a building only designed for 4,000. These people, it seemed, had more or less been discarded by their parents and were literally living in squalor. Physical/Sexual abuse, outbreaks of hepatitis. Robert Kennedy literally describing them as living in "cages."

The eventual shut down, and abandonment of this hospital. The tunnel system beneath it.

Not to mention all of the missing, mentally disabled children that went missing. And the one whose body they found. And then Andre Rand. The pedophile that worked at Willowbrook before it was shut down and who was connected to and convicted of murder of all the missing children.

And how he would break down and drool on himself when the video of the Rivera tapes were shown. Like he was remembering something fucked up (or he was acting).

Do you think that this place influenced the second season of American Horror Story?

Although there is probably another place it has already been mentioned as being influenced by.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    IxFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Nice!!

I agree. In fact, the most disturbing part of the movie was the old footage of the inside of Willowbrook.
    I only wish Cropsey would take us deeper into each aspect of the investigation. It was sort of too overall and on the surface. 85 minutes was certainly not enough.

I do remember watching one creepy, disturbing, hair raising documentary called "Interview with a Cannibal" made in 2012. Issei Sagawa, the infamous cannibal from the case in 1981, was interviewed himself.

Another extremely disturbing and depressing documentary I've seen is "Bulgaria’s Abandoned Children". Words cannot describe.

Both of these are on Youtube actually, full length.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Deceptive View Post
    It's been three years since I've seen it, I don't remember that part. I do remember being really affected after seeing the chicks debeaked and the dolphins bleeding while children walked past casually.
    It was a lot like watching Faces of Death (live footage of fatal incidents) but with a human callousness towards animals bent. Later I learned that the Japanese kill so many dolphins that they were packaging the meat as mystery meat to the schools. The main reason they stopped giving it to children is that they learned it is extremely high in mercury. Yeah, there were a lot of things like clipping piglets' teeth so they don't grow up cannibalizing each other. It does open the eyes to how meat is treated like a factory grown product and not like feeling sentient beings which is a far cry from the All Creatures Great and Small days.

By your signature, I'm guessing you are a serious advocate against vivisection? Are you a militant PETA guerilla that we read about breaking into labs and freeing the animals? Your secret is safe with me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Don't take life so seriously. It's not like you're going to get out alive.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Do you think that this place influenced the second season of American Horror Story?

Although there is probably another place it has already been mentioned as being influenced by.
    It probably has been mentioned and probably by me in some other thread, haha.

But, yes, it was the DIRECT inspiration.