• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Indie" Music

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
OHOHOH!

HAVE YOU GUYS HEARD XMU RADIO!?!?! It's the only redeeming quality about television now-a-days, imho.

penelope

MBTI Type
INxJ
Indie music = love.

Right now, I'm over-playing the new Animal Collective and The Walkmen new albums.

Also, The Mae Shi, The Most Serene Republic, and Annie. Incredible, in addition to the other bands others have listed.

UGH Merriweather Post Pavilion is SO AWESOME. Their best yet. Have you heard Avey Tare and Kria Brekken's "Pullhair/Rubeye"? If you don't have it, I'll drop a link. It's so fab.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Denison Witmer
Rosie Thomas
Sufjan Stevens
Keaton Henson
Iron & Wine
Mitski
Regina Spektor
The Paper Kites
Avalanche City
The Narrative
Christopher Smith
The Weepies
Ingrid Michaelson
The Honey Trees
Radical Face
Sea Oleena
The Head and The Heart
Gregory & The Hawk
Fleet Foxes
Passion Pit
Jose Gonzalez
Lisa Hannigan

-ok I'll stop there haha

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I listen to a lot of Electronic stuff I find on bandcamp but I'm not too up to date on all of the current indie labels and bands and whatnot.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I'm very knowledgeable about music but I think Sleep Party People are independent.

I wouldn't know what to categorize what I listen to. I generally like going back in time and finding music from there. It can be an obscure rock band from the 60s or something more prolific and well known from the 80s. It doesn't matter just as long as I find the sound interesting or maybe the musicians interesting too. Plus, aren't there various forms of indie music? I always picture it as the current scene of musicians who have that indie pop sound, so it's like a genre in itself. But isn't it also basically anything underground regardless of the genre? I don't listen to many bands that are current, but I have found a few that I like. I guess I'll just post some of those.

Allah-Las
Temples
The Brian Jonestown Massacre
La Femme
Ty Segall

There are probably more, but I don't know if they count. I like a lot of the 80s/90s alternative scenes. My favorites from that era are the shoegaze bands and ones that are more neo-psychedelic. I suppose they would count as indie because many were on independent labels during the time.