• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Resemblances

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
As an artist, I often see resemblances between people that I meet by chance in life and others. I don't always remember where I have seen the aspect of their appearance before, which can lead to people thinking that I am just making the recognition up. Sometimes it will be just a small partial aspect of a person that is in question, and sometimes it will be most of the details of their appearance or carriage.

It's funny how people react to this. Sometimes they will think it's cool that they look like someone else, and maybe it will be the first time anyone has ever suggested it. Sometimes they will tell me "Yea, people tell me that all the time". Sometimes they think I'm kidding them. Some people are annoyed, like "What difference does it make?" Others seem to feel that if we are not talking about a near identical comparison, that it doesn't bear mentioning. The latter of these reactions makes me wonder why I do bring it up sometimes.

I frequently sneak into movies after paying to get into a theater to see movie A. Then I will go see Movie B, and maybe Movie C as well, afterward. Timing is important on this. I saw some movies for free the other day that made me think of this. Maybe you will see some of the same resemblances as I do.

One movie was the latest sequel or chapter in the "Punisher" saga or vehicle, which was more gruesome than I had expected. The guy playing the Punisher was Ray Stevenson. Looking over his internet photos, I couldn't find one that was very good re: the resemblance that I saw while watching him onscreen. Maybe you will have thought the same thing. I wondered ( before I looked up his name ) if he was perhaps a brother of James Gandolfini, who plays Tony Soprano on the cable series, and has other prominent roles.
Gandolfini -
33w36me.jpg

Stevenson -
2zee68k.jpg

Then I went to see "Twilight", a movie that had garnered a lot of interest from young women due it's male lead Robert Pattinson. As I watched him, he reminded me of many faces I had seen over the years, including a statue whose name I could not recall. He seemed a little bit like Di Caprio in the way he carried himself and overall physique. His hairdo made me think of Elvis and his eyebrows made me think of "Eddie" the youngest Munster. I thought of the old supernatural soap opera, too, called "Dark Shadows" that we had enjoyed as kids. There was a guy on it called "Quentin Collins" that sprang to mind. He looked a bit like a young combination of Quentin ( David Selby IIRC ) and Dolph Lundgren. Pattinson's nose is the weak link in my comparison, I think.

( He reminds me of other people too, but I can't remember who yet. )

Quentin Collins -
9k59xl.jpg

2exvxxh.jpg

Dolph Lundgren
2w56iav.jpg

Pattinson himself -
2ytp7jd.jpg

709ydc.jpg

eqxg1t.jpg

I saw that Pattinson had been in at least one of the Harry Potter movies, and for some reason flashed on him ( briefly ) as being a candidate for being a brother to Emma Watson. The strong jaw, I guess. DiCaprio comes back to mind again also, even stronger than Pattinson, come to think of it. Those eyes/eyebrow lines....Yeah, I know this last one is a reach. More a resemblance of attitude than actual looks....
2jbgq8.jpg

jskgh1.jpg

1g3pfd.jpg

Here she is with her actual brother, looking nothing like this....
2e34cq0.jpg

Last edited:

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Latest resemblances -

Joe Pantoliano
10nusdk.jpg

Christopher Titus
29urrcw.jpg

1zbfiww.jpg

Michael Ironside
2wp7cbr.jpg

Kiefer Sutherland
v4nkwp.jpg

Gish

Which side are you on?
MBTI Type
PTSD
22.jpg

Chad Smith of the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Will Ferrell

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Here below is a pic of a young Angela Lansbury and an older Angela, who is more recognizable to me.

10o4a5j.jpg

2lid5ow.jpg

As I watched the movie "Working Girl" on TV last night I had this brief flash of Angela as I looked at Melanie Griffith- as though she might look somewhat like Angela when she gets older. I can't find photos that show much of this seeming resemblance, though, and so perhaps I was mistaken, and merely thinking of round faces and top heavy hairdo's or something.

It did make me think of all the times I've seen older women out and about town, and ( by looking at them a little longer than is polite ) deciphered how they probably looked when they were young. Sometimes there wasn't that much deciphering involved, and yet I still had the feeling ( why ? ) that they were actually much older than they looked. I wanted to compliment them somehow then, too, on how well they had apparently taken care of themselves, but I didn't. I knew it would likely be taken in a backhanded or patronizing kind of way if I alluded to age, or just be unwanted and possibly insincere words from a stranger, if I didn't. Who knows, though ? Some of them might have appreciated it if I had done it. They might be with someone who had long taken them for granted, like a comfortable old piece of furniture...or for some other reason.

I told a woman on a singles site that she was the cutest 55 year old I had seen in a long time, or something like that, and she appreciated it, but that was different. She had already expressed an interest in me and knew that I was mid-fifties, too.

Melanie Griffith
fu40vq.jpg

Nowadays they have those "progression" technologies that show how a kid would look like 10 or 20 years down the road, to help identify kidnapped people. How many of you think you have a good internal "regression" processor ? :)

Edit - Madmins feel free to shrink the older Angela's face pic if you wish. I don't know how to do that, and I don't like making readers scroll back and forth to read/look.

Last edited:

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Frank Gorshin and Ed Harris remind me of one another too...Something about the grin....the laugh lines....I couldn't immediately locate a pic of Ed Harris grinning that showed his right side profile to do a more "apples to apples" comparison. ( I've noticed that while looking through actor's pix. They tend to favor one side or view of themselves. )

( Frank played the Riddler on the old batman TV show, long before Jim Carry's version. I forget what else he did. LOL )

2hn2set.jpg

2sbakh2.jpg

95oaog.jpg

Larger Ed pc.
zt7si0.jpg

Here is a "Two Face" worthy of Batman. Ed Harris photoshopped into somebody else's face. Whose ? I thought Harrison Ford's for a second, but it wasn't him.
fjktp3.jpg

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Kristin Stewart of "Twilight"

Kristen-Stewart2.jpg

and Alicia Silverstone

244.silverstone.alicia.100206.jpg

To me, they're almost twins.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
^^ Oh, totally.

Here's one I've never heard anyone comment on, but it's always been obvious to me. Buck Owens and Stevie Ray Vaughan.

promo_buck_owens_young_210.jpg

stevie_ray_vaughan_2.jpg

It was hard to find a pic of SRV where he wasn't making a "guitar face."

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Zooey Deschanel:

060313_Zooey_Deschanel_4p.widec.jpg

Katy Perry:

katy-perry.jpg

Seriously, those are not the same person.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Good ones all, guys. Looks like this thread finally got some ignition. The Zooey and SRV pix were especially close.:nice:

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
Ernest Thesiger - who was Dr. Pretorius in "Bride of Frankenstein and a character in "The Old Dark House" with Karloff, amongst others

5cx4zr.png

2d0hpv4.jpg

and Michael Emerson of the TV show "Lost"
eppy1d.jpg

As Emerson ages, will he look increasingly like the Thesiger pix I've shown ?

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I always notice resemblances in people that other people don't see. I don't even mention it anymore. "Doesn't that person look like my brother Jim?" "no." "ok, never mind"

I'm one of the people who gets the "you look like..." all the time. It's interesting the diverse number of movie stars I've been compared to. For a while I thought it was just any young brunette star.

Now that I'm blonde I'm getting starbuck, I guess. (yes, more than once) Now that I've watched some BSG she is actually a combo of my sister and I, it's a little crazy. I actually just got it when I went to play D&D. "you look like.. I can't remember the name." I just looked at him. I seriously don't even know how to react to it anymore. "Thanks?" "I hear that all the time?" It's not even always a compliment, you can look like someone but not even be attractive. I went to school with someone who looked like he could be Tom Cruise's brother and wasn't attractive at all.

kuranes

MBTI Type
XNXP
I always notice resemblances in people that other people don't see. I don't even mention it anymore.
Well, you can mention it in this thread. Better yet, show pix...

Fellow Clevelander

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I just met two guys down the hall from me, roommates, who look almost the same to me except one of them is very handsome and one of them is not :D I mentioned it to my friend though, who didn't really seem to get what I was talking about.

(Oh, and the Keira Knightley/Natalie Portman thing...that kills me. They are exactly the same person as far as I can tell :shock:)