User Tag List

12 Last

Default Games and cognitive distortions

Well, I'll tell you my experiences, so what I'm talking about:
    Several years ago I was an avid player of Counter Strike. And what happened to me? One day during holidays, maybe after 4 hours of gaming, I went from my house, and when I was passing the corner of wall, I instinctively suspiciously looked over the corner, like terrorist should have been there. Like ingame.
    Yesterday, I was playing Warrock several hours, and spent a lot of time in helicopters (you know, Im getting used to flying in them). And now I just noticed that my vision is somehow being pulled to side now and then.. like the helicopter rolling to the side.

Have you ever encountered something like that?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Regularly if I'm playing a game all day (which is what I usually do when I play).

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I've had this happen to me after D&D. Feels strange crossing the street, watching the cars come towards you and thinking you're invincible. Kinda dangerous as wel.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

I've played strategy games in my life a lot.

Because of this I have lost ability to be spontaneius. I am doing huge number of calculations and analysis of situations and scenarios all the time.
    I can kill the process on a few minutes, but this is part of me that defines me.

MBTI
    yupp

yeah i like tetris type games so i'll play those come on here and the forum is like tetris but with words and letters. Or I'll do a puzzle type game and the forum is all of a sudden a puzzle needing to be solved and I must solve it.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Yep, same thing. I play Call of Duty 4 a lot, and after a long session or solid week of playing my normal oblivious self is extremely attuned to movement. If I play PGR or GTA I notice a change in my driving habits. I think whatever my mindset just carries over for a bit.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Never really happened to me to tell the truth, but I may be scarred from too many hours of gameplay. Then again, I also havn't spent much time playing games in the last couple of months.
    //Ti:52|Ne:46.8|Te:36.6|Ni:32.4|Si:21.5|Fi:21.3|Se:20.5|Fe:9.3\\ 5w4 (L4, SX/SP)
    My Game Development Blog - Now With Once Per Month Updates!
    *Checks updating schedule*
    Wait, I lied. Less than once per month updates.

MBTI
    INFP

Yes. There was a car chase game similar to Pac Man that I used to play in an arcade and one day at a high level I fell over on the floor! I really think that it cause a mini-seizure. Suddenly the whole room around me shifted, through my peripheral vision, at a ninety-degree angle. A very peculiar thing. Actually had a few things checked out at the doctor after that but they found nothing unusual.

I get some imprintation from playing Mah Jong for any length of time and see tile images on light-colored surfaces for a while afterwards.

Sometimes, in a pre-sleep phase, games play out on my eyelids after playing for a length of time. I had an annoying couple of days of involuntary, pre-sleep Luxor "visions" a while back.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Playing Fable II right now, I love magic characters so I'm using only Will powers. Tactic is to teleport around using the targeted Slow Time, then toss fireballs. Walked around today and whenever I feel like changing direction my first notion is to teleport. I need to get out more.

Game-breaking is pretty much how I try to do life.