• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Bad commercials

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
There's a thread on our favorite commercials. What about your least favorites? And I'm aware that some people hate all commercials just by virtue of being commercials. This isn't your thread.

The inspiration for this thread:

[youtube=BxC7E2yKKJc]I FUCKING HATE THIS COMMERCIAL[/youtube]

Which ones make you want to die in a fire?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[YOUTUBE="FIsWascX2vs"]Lexus RX[/YOUTUBE]
WHAT THE FUCK?

Is a TV commercial really the best way to find that 0.00031% of your target audience?

MBTI Type
ENTP
These are my favorite bad commercials in recent memory.

[YOUTUBE=aJ3VqQpAdGs]Nightline personals ad[/YOUTUBE]
"..and the internet? Too hard!"

[YOUTUBE=3M2nIuFvbns]Zerosmoke[/YOUTUBE]
Lasers

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
pew pew pew!

Those are some great bad commercials. It's more of an infomercial, but after falling asleep watching TV I woke up last week to an Extenze commercial, and it was very, very bad.

[youtube="Ua72u9CuKfk"]"That certain part of the male body"[/youtube]

Those "man on the street" interviews are not at all staged, not one bit. The vaginal imagery in the studio is also fun.

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[youtube="WI9J7MoBZbY"]Hell to the no[/youtube]

Rajah

Reigning Bologna Princess
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
[youtube="cG042nkReBA"]Also hell to the no[/youtube]

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
[YOUTUBE="vBNcQgkXEWE"]Idiotic on so many levels[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="DFwPzvgCebw"]I want to hurt this guy[/YOUTUBE]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
They have those Nightline commercials here too. I remember snorting at the "Internet? Too hard" line.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
I'd love to light this guy on fire.

[youtube=sWFS1gngd7o] Cadillac Douche [/youtube]

Ashton Kutcher, too...

[youtube=IqIQXIdg0Yo] Ashton Pretends to Use A Discount Digital Camera [/youtube]

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
That Cadillac dude bugs the hell out of me, too. But I think the woman who does the "different kind of woman" car commercial is worse- I'll try to find it.

[youtube="BDGg-ZqV4xM"]OMG CUPHOLDERS![/youtube]

Halp halp I'm a dying brand, save me pretty lady who can make sassy middle-aged women want to buy our shit!

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'd love to light this guy on fire.

[youtube=sWFS1gngd7o] Cadillac Douche [/youtube]
Why the fuck would you need a car like that?
Luxury SUV?
Is it a joke? Why's he so serious then?

Fuck Cadillac. They've made more deals with drug lords than any other car company ever.

Less than reputable folks.
I am not impressed.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
[YOUTUBE="-FhiIV6srJ0"]Gwen Stefani HP Commercial[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="FlPvfXNR1j4"]Proactiv Commercial[/YOUTUBE]

I have a muscle spasm impulse to jolt for the remote every time I see these.

MBTI Type
ENTP
They have those Nightline commercials here too. I remember snorting at the "Internet? Too hard" line.
But to be honest, it's brilliant. You know plenty of lonely desperate guys probably fell prey to it when they realized, "wow, she might just be dumb enough to have sex with me!"

The crazy fox commercials, including crazyfox431 and crazyfox200. I thought 134crazyfox was pretty good though. They shouldn't have messed with the formula.

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
[youtube=gBnvazpkoc4]celebrate (or is it celebrity?) originality - adidas[/youtube]

here at adidas, we want to encourage you to be original, as long as it's not in shoe selection. who cares if it's manufactured and mass-produced, the fact that you wear it makes it special. just look at all these famous people... each with their individual style and a pair of our all-new, original line of adidas footwear. celebrate the best in life... fun, laughter, friends, buying what we sell, and most importantly, your originality... available now for only $49.95 at a retailer near you.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
[YOUTUBE="m_z13XymWVU"]Grandma got hers online![/YOUTUBE]

We could also have a separate category for songs used in commercials that make you want to remove your eardrums with a drill. I hate this stupid song so much.

[YOUTUBE="TCwKndz41P4"]I am suicidal today[/YOUTUBE]