• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the saddest...

Nihilen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
...Most heart-trenching, tragic, dramatic, emotional song/music you have ever listened to ?

V

violaine

"Ruth Marie" by Mark Kozelek. I only listened to it once. I prefer melancholy music but it's too sad even for me.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
[YOUTUBE="xzRRVOFNiZ0"]Iron & Wine - Trapeze Swinger[/YOUTUBE]

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[youtube="NaMtyjimXBk"]Stabbing Westward - Desperate Now[/youtube]

not sure what's up with the video on that, but it's got the song.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I thought Bleed by Cold is really sad. I'll have to put more thought into THE saddest song.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Also, here's Johnny Cash. This song makes me cry EVERY TIME.

[YOUTUBE="SmVAWKfJ4Go"]Johnny Cash - Hurt[/YOUTUBE]

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Also, here's Johnny Cash. This song makes me cry EVERY TIME.

Unlistenably sad. :( Destroys me.

So does "Minstrel Boy" - Joe Strummer's cover of it. I think it was used in "Blackhawk Down" too. I cry every time I hear it. It perfectly reflects my loss, purges out stuff even when I don't want it to.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
When Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah plays during The Edukators. (Yes, I know it's a Leonard Cohen cover.)

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't understand this. For all we know, he was covered in chocolate syrup, wearing only a giant diaper when he recorded that.

Johnny was so sick and defeated, Lat. It was truly sad. :(

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
The soundtrack to Requiem For A Dream.
There was a time in my life when I was in a very dark place, and I would listen to this soundtrack on repeat.

It's composed of 33 tracks I believe, 11 tracks per season.

Clint Mansell is awesome.

MBTI Type
INTJ
When Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah plays during The Edukators. (Yes, I know it's a Leonard Cohen cover.)

I don't really know what the words to Hallelujah are, but every time I hear it the whole atmosphere of the song makes me sad. My vote is for this:

[youtube=F2aQogGfYtY]Bruce Springsteen - Johnny 99[/youtube]