User Tag List

First 345

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    Out of all the Shakespeare plays, INTPs seem to relate story and character wise the most to Hamlet out of any other play. INTPc had a poll about it. Hamlet also seems to exhibit archetypal functions found in INTPs. (A tragic fall of a great philosophical mind iconoclastic to those around him and sets things right without giving a damn.) An antihero if you will.
    I may be bested in battle, but I shall never be defeated.

MBTI
    INTp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    I guess no one liked Macbeth? I really liked that one a lot.
    "Fair is foul and foul is fair."
    I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    Also, The Scottish Play, deserves honourable mention. (Because it's Scottish).
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    Macbeth popped my Shakespearean cherry, needless to say, I liked it very much.
    I'm biased in favor of it.
    The answer must be in the attempt
    avy url : natgeocreative Photo

I don't know that there's much I dislike, but Taming of the Shrew is a personal fave.

Reason: hard to qualify since it's been so long. I'd have to reread for specific choice passages.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Out of all the Shakespeare plays, INTPs seem to relate story and character wise the most to Hamlet out of any other play. INTPc had a poll about it. Hamlet also seems to exhibit archetypal functions found in INTPs. (A tragic fall of a great philosophical mind iconoclastic to those around him and sets things right without giving a damn.) An antihero if you will.
    I thought Hamlet was INFP? Not that I'm complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I don't know that there's much I dislike, but Taming of the Shrew is a personal fave.

Reason: hard to qualify since it's been so long. I'd have to reread for specific choice passages.
    There's some cringe-making sexist shit in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

I see something in most the ones I've read.

I saw Titus Andronicus at the globe theatre when I was in london, and that was pretty awesome. Never seen so many decapitated and dismembered bodies on a stage . And the bodies only got removed as part of scenes, they never ended scenes and walked off or vanished. I've heard reading it doesn't give that much pleasure though, because its lines are quite simple and it is more about the revenge and the gore. Didn't know anything about it before I saw it either. There was a lot of, "s**t, he just decapitated him" moments. And thinking, "can't someone from this scene walk off the stage rather than be removed in pieces.", hehe.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Well, sorry to be predictable but I can only really read his 'tragedies'. His "Comedies" I find illogical for the most part, maybe it is just me . His ''histories'' have so much bias that one can't take them serious.

Anyway, Hamlet or King Lear for my favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I have to be unoriginal and claim Hamlet as well, with Macbeth as runner up.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying