User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Othello for me, nothing can beat that story for making me weep as if my own loved one had been killed.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Julius Caesar

Macbeth

The Tempest

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Shakespeare is not meant to be read. It should been seen in a performance. Ideally it's seen in a performance with skilled actors and not some high school play. Actually Shakespeare with bad actors is total crap, but Shakespeare with good actors is wonderful. Somewhere along the way English majors got the idea that Shakespeare is literature. I'm not really sure why since it's not good reading unless you are thinking about performing it.
    Even in play form (Which I have seen a few of), it doesn't stand out compared to other plays I've seen.

Oberon

What I love about Henry V is that Agincourt really happened, and really was as heroic as the play makes it out to be (albeit the dialog was most likely rather more earthy at the actual battle).

Some historians relate that Henry's archers fought naked from the waist down. Once the archers had been positioned, they had to stay and fight regardless...a prospect made more challenging by the fact that they all had dysentery.
    Last edited by Oberon; 09-17-2007 at 02:02 PM.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

None of them.

I hate Shakespeare. I'm glad he's dead.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Even in play form (Which I have seen a few of), it doesn't stand out compared to other plays I've seen.
    For your sake I hope those plays you saw were high school or community theatre. If you don't like a Shakespeare play after seeing professional actors perform it, then all I can say is:

My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Othello and Hamlet for me

MBTI
    INTP

Coriolanus. Cymbeline. The Winter's Tale. The Taming of the Shrew. Much Ado About Nothing.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by raincrow007 View Post
    Coriolanus. Cymbeline. The Winter's Tale. The Taming of the Shrew. Much Ado About Nothing.
    I forgot about Coriolanus!

I notice that the higher the body count the more I like the play. Maybe that explains why I kinda liked Shoot Em Up.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Default Favorite Shakespeare?

I've only read 3 of his plays so far, and just finished Othello(I know I'm behind on the time since that was supposed to have been read in like high school), and never really appreciated his works until now. I think I just about love his plays now and am going to read more. Like the title says, what are some of your favorites and why?