• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Correlation WoW: Function - Faction

Which is your J/P funtion and which side in WoW would you choose?

• J - Alliance

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • J - Horde

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • P - Alliance

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • P - Horde

Votes: 11 42.3%

• Total voters

Gauche

Well, I wonder if there's a correlation between Judging/Perceiving function and a faction one would choose in World of Warcraft. The basic concept is that Js would choose alliance (which appeal more like the "right side", "those good"), while Ps would choose Horde (maybe more open-minded side, not afraid to be "bad guys" (which actually arent more bad than alliance at all though)). So thats only idea, lets make a poll and see where's the truth

Last edited:

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
J alliance here. I have a few horde toons but prefer my alliance ones.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
P horde here.

My first char was a troll. I have made a few alliance char's to play around with, but it just doesn't feel right.
If you read the lore the humans kept the orcs in what were virtually death camps.

Horde aren't the evil side.
Well, apart from the Forsaken. :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
What if you have both sides? My best character was a horde priest, but I was only horde because my friend was already horde and I joined him. When I quit the guild and had the choice to do what I wanted, I made an alliance mage. Ahh, screw it, I'll do J alliance.

SolitaryPenguin

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
P, alliance. I've always enjoyed the alliance women better than horde. Started with a night elf (of course) then once the draenei hit, I never looked back.

/waggle

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nice thread idea :). One thing I really hated about WoW was the PvP system. I only played on the weekends together with my girlfriend and we choosed a PvP Server, because we didnt want to miss something out in the game. Because we both werent that hardcore gamers, our equipment wasnt that good and PvP we didnt really stand a chance. It got worse when you got camped by people, who were like 40 levels above you.

In this game sometimes a really dark sadistic attitude of some people was presented and especially my girlfriend an INFJ had problems with that.

We changed from WoW to Lord of the Rings Online, which better fitted our expectations.

our characters:

me (p):
lvl 53, mage, alliance (played on PvP server)
lvl 64 warlock, horde (played on normal server)

she (J):
lvl 53 warlock, alliance (played on PvP server)
lvl 63 hunter, horde (played on normal server)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, I voted although I don't play anymore.

I quit back in January '08 after 9 months of mad-levelling. I was a 70 holy priest (dwarf female) with multiple 20-40 alt toons (Draenei/Human/Gnome). --I levelled my holy priest as holy... can you say painful?--

In the end, I got tired of the big raiding guild drama while transitioning from Karazhan/Gruul's Lair to Zul'Gurub (when it was big raid material)/ The Eye-TK. Made me nuts. I formed my own guild, then got my account hacked shortly thereafter, and said goodbye forever to the imaginary World of Warcraft.

It was fun, but it's a waste of time. I've learned to stay away from MMORPGs since they're ridiculously addictive for someone as socially-avoidant as me. I did it once before when I played Everquest I for YEARS as a High Elf Enchanter.

Ahh, memories. Well, /end derailment.

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
....please fix the spelling error. It makes me want to hurt kittens.

Eldanen

Arcesso pulli gingerios!
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think we have a correlation xD. But we'll see if it stays that way.

Interestingly enough, in gaming I've found a trend that seems to be ubiquitous.

Evils have the fewest number of players, but they all rock.

Goods have numbers, and they all suck.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I like Alliance so far, but there are admirable things about some of the Horde groups. My main toon is a Night Elf druid, but I think I love the Draenei culture and will probably someday devote some time to a Draenei shaman, esp since one of the female faces reminds me of Inara. :wubbie:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
UD Mage. Chose him at release when WotF boned priests and warlocks, poly lasted 50 seconds, and before melee 2 shotted everybody.

I liked Undead because they had the best racials, and a completely badass back story.

Varelse

Wait, what?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I have a 79 Draenei Death Knight, a 75 Undead Rogue, and a 70 troll shaman.

I cannot pick a choice in the poll. :(

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Oooouuuuuu:doh: sure, i get it now,.. and i wondered which spelling error darn:17425:

edited:moonwalk:

Still messed up in the original post. I don't think you can fix it.

Gauche

Still messed up in the original post. I don't think you can fix it.

darn, its hoppeles:violin:
tell me you wont hurt poor kittens:boohoo:

or wait.. I have a better idea, just tell me exactly how original post should look and send me PM, ill check it, then:cheers:

who cares? your jimmy page avy more than makes up for whatever he's on about.

Well, I must try hard, :vader1: shouldn't be offended, you know, he's a tough guy, he will :spam_laser: if I wont please him