• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Who really restored balance to the Force?

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
This debated cropped up recently among some of my friends and coworkers, and I've been doing a great deal of thought on it. I have heard some very interesting views both ways so I wanted to know what you guys think.

Who really restored balance to the Force, Anakin or Luke?

erm

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Balance was restored?

Seemed very unbalanced at the end.

If you mean who tipped the balance towards the light side, Luke. He did all the work, with Anakin doing the easy bit at the end when Luke distracted the Emperor.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Balance was restored?

Seemed very unbalanced at the end.

If you mean who tipped the balance towards the light side, Luke. He did all the work, with Anakin doing the easy bit at the end when Luke distracted the Emperor.

That was my arguement too! Plus I would say that Anakin destroyed the balance in the sense that he killed all of the light side jedi...

But Anakin DID kill the emporer, which could imply that the prophesy meant for him. But Luke began training of Jedi again, which would imply that HE restored balance... /shrug.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Not obvious enough for you? It was Vader at the end of ROTJ. I still wish I'd never seen the "other three" SW movies.

r0wo1

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w1
Not obvious enough for you? It was Vader at the end of ROTJ. I still wish I'd never seen the "other three" SW movies.

Could be, could be! Thats the arguement I hear a lot! But I don't think I agree. I think the prophesy was meant for Luke but was confused to think that it referred to Anakin. Much like Anakin confused his "visions" of Padme dying thinking it was due to some illness, when in reality it was due to him.

Yes the "first" three Star Wars sucked...

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
Anakin without question. Not only did he father Luke but he both cleared away the corrupt old guard and the hidden sith (eventually).

There was that thing about Jedi becoming too cocky. That was the force being out of balance.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
There was that thing about Jedi becoming too cocky. That was the force being out of balance.

The force doesn't care about that. The problem was that the Jedi were too powerful - they had hunted the sith to extinction - and so the Jedi needed to follow in order to regain balance.

So yah, the force balanced itself, but it was primarily Anakin's conversion that did it (this was true before the crappy 3 first movies, too.)