• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gun Appreciation Thread

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
You know your guns. I have a couple of early Springfield M1As with GI forged parts, except the reciever of course. The recievers have proven to be a good product, but they have had problems with thier oprods and bolts.

Fired quite a few of the original M14s. Still the issue rifle of the Navy, so we just borrowed them when we got on thier ships.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
This is the first meaningful gun conversation I've had since I left Arfcom.

Glad to know I have someone to talk guns with!

Whats your collection like?

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
To be honest, I think the M1, M14, M1A is the most beautiful rifle platform ever created.

I'm afraid for when I finally get my hands on one, I won't want to shoot anything else.

Also 7.62 x 51mm is meant for men. 5.56 is meant for varments.

EDIT: whats with the FAL in your avatar?

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
I couldn't get ahold of an M14 and that Kuwait contract FAL (standard Belgian 50:00) was the best gun I could find in Iraq. My M4 pretty much stayed in the gun truck.

Too many people that should be dead are running around with .22 holes in them and that "It takes two of the enemy to carry one wounded" crap holds no water with the insurgents. If they escape and live, they set more IEDs/shoot us. If captured, they only get two years in an Iraqi prison for killing US Servicemembers.

I just feel anyone should use, given the situation, the most powerful and reliable gun they can rapidly and effectively put rounds on target with.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I couldn't get ahold of an M14 and that Kuwait contract FAL (standard Belgian 50:00) was the best gun I could find in Iraq. My M4 pretty much stayed in the gun truck.

Too many people that should be dead are running around with .22 holes in them and that "It takes two of the enemy to carry one wounded" crap holds no water with the insurgents. If they escape and live, they set more IEDs/shoot us. If captured, they only get two years in an Iraqi prison for killing US Servicemembers.

I just feel anyone should use, given the situation, the most powerful and reliable gun they can rapidly and effectively put rounds on target with.

Yep.

I'd rather carry 450 rounds that I know I have to fire accurately, than 700 that won't do anything.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
Here's some good weight stats.

An M14 and 100 rounds weighs the same as an M16 and 250 rounds, or, for every 2 shots out of a '14, you get 5 out of a '16 for the same weight.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
I have a Ruger P90 40 caliber.

In counterstrike I strictly use a pump shotty for close range, with a deagle for long range. muahaha. I hate snipers. But I love running up on people and seeing them shake before I pump shotty them. haha. Sniper kills are so boring compared to that.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Here's some good weight stats.

An M14 and 100 rounds weighs the same as an M16 and 250 rounds, or, for every 2 shots out of a '14, you get 5 out of a '16 for the same weight.

I thought I was off in my numbers.

But what ever it works itself out to, I'd be more confident that I could accomplish my mission (whatever it was) loaded with .308.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I have a Ruger P90 40 caliber.

In counterstrike I strictly use a pump shotty for close range, with a deagle for long range. muahaha. I hate snipers. But I love running up on people and seeing them shake before I pump shotty them. haha. Sniper kills are so boring compared to that.

.40 is a great round for personal defense, not the best, but a good mix of power and magazine capacity. (its what my glock is chambered in)

I was always one of those damn snipers in CS:devil:.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
.40 is a great round for personal defense, not the best, but a good mix of power and magazine capacity. (its what my glock is chambered in)

I was always one of those damn snipers in CS:devil:.

*hop*

*hop*

*hop*

*blasts sniper with fragments of shotty from long distance*

haha

happens only 1 out of 3/4 times in those confrontations, but when it does... SWEETEST VICTORY EVERRRRR!!!! muahahaha

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
I thought I was off in my numbers.

Oh, you were plenty close enough.

This is my Colts New Model Army-made from 1889-1907. Army marked gun made in 1903.

These are the .38s that caused us to adopt .45s!

38longcolt.jpg

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, you were plenty close enough.

This is my Colts New Model Army-made from 1889-1907. Army marked gun made in 1903.

These are the .38s that caused us to adopt .45s!

38longcolt.jpg

Beautiful piece.

I hope I have enough money to have a more respectable collection one day!

What's your favorite type of gun?

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
You just buy them over time and they will add up after a while.

Favorite gun? I collect US Military guns-Muskets to M16s-I like them all!

I really like the US M1909 New Service in .45 (long) Colt when it comes to handguns.

The M14 is my favorite combat rifle.

If it has to be an automatic handgun, then the 1911.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
You just buy them over time and they will add up after a while.

Favorite gun? I collect US Military guns-Muskets to M16s-I like them all!

I really like the US M1909 New Service in .45 (long) Colt when it comes to handguns.

The M14 is my favorite combat rifle.

If it has to be an automatic handgun, then the 1911.

Good taste.

You sound like a John Wayne strait shooter type. I like that.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Breaking out the obscure stuff I see...

Nice.

I've always wondered how those bic lighter triggers worked out in real life.

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
You mean the Bic Lighter of combat handguns?

Thats the analogy I use anyway for the G-G-G-Glock!

It's tough and reliable-like a Bic lighter!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
That's great that there are no murders in England now that you have been disarmed.

Well I ain't gettin murdered without a fight.

Here's my Colts Officers Model Special!

You know I heard the permissive US gun laws were a government control method on the seedier parts of the population... so much cheaper than prison, let them have guns and that will solve the crime problem.

:D:D:D

Ok whose up for full blown automatics... ;)

Chuckums

MBTI Type
ISTP
You know I heard the permissive US gun laws were a government control method on the seedier parts of the population... so much cheaper than prison, let them have guns and that will solve the crime problem.

:D:D:D

No, we have a document called the Constitution-composed in response to a tyrannical govt that once ruled and attempted to disarm us.:newwink:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
No, we have a document called the Constitution-composed in response to a tyrannical govt that once ruled and attempted to disarm us.:newwink:

you know for a mintue there you had me going..... LOL If you'd not put on the last part of the sentence I might have been sulked into beleiving that...:)

I'm Scottish, so I know all about tyrannical govs..... :D

So about automatics... they look cool, I wonder if they do them with nicers accessories...